Floating In The Clouds

I'm so glad that you all liked that last chapter, and I think you'll like this one just as much. This one's for those of you (Nessa) who maybe aren't so happy with the sportsball game right now (Nessa). (Y'all if LA doesn't win, then I'm about to wake up to some real explicit and intense messages lol) This chapter is a pretty stark contrast to some pretty intense stuff that I'm writing currently... something to look forward to, hm? Not for a while though xxxx so for now, have fun with this one, and comment/vote.
-ab

———————————————

November 3, 2025

Patrick

I walk, hand in hand with Harper, over to the restaurant with a second floor party hall, which has been rented out for the party. The rest of Harper's guests follow closely behind us.

Once we get there, Taylor comes up to us.

"Harper, love," she whispers, causing my fiancee to look up. "How private is this party?"

"It's pretty private, why?"

"If I was to take off this elaborate costume, and Joe were to do the same, could we avoid paparazzi pictures being taken?"

"Probably, yeah," she shrugs. "I mean, we have the entire floor rented out."

"Thank god," Taylor laughs, whipping off her sunglasses, then beginning to unpin her wig.

"I mean, some of my cast members might ask for pictures, but for the most part, they should be cool about it, and you won't be swarmed. I'm sure that if you ask that they don't post them on social media for a little bit, then they can make that happen."

"Awesome," Taylor states, taking out a final hairpin before pulling the wig, and stashing it in her large purse. She pulls out a makeup bag. "I'll be back. I'm going to go fix my face."

Harper and I giggle as Taylor walks away. I place my hands on Harper's shoulders. "How does it feel?" I ask her.

"Honestly? I'm still floating in the clouds about it."

"I still can't get over just how amazing, and gorgeous, and poised, and perfect you were up there."

"You flatter me," she laughs, placing her lips on my cheek with a little kiss.

"Only because you deserve it," I reply, giving her a cheeky grin.

"What do you say we go up and get some food?" she suggests. "I'm honestly quite starving."

"Sounds like a plan to me," I tell her, following her lead up to the buffet line. The scent of chicken drifts into my nose as I pick up a plate and begin to pile it with food.

After we have our food, we return to the table, and Harper begins to chat it up with her parents. I notice her mom fawning over her ring, which makes me smile. I like to know that I've impressed her parents.

Nessa tries to make conversation with me from across the table. "So, did you like the show?"

"Of course," I reply. "I mean, Harper was brilliant."

"You're a lucky guy," she tells me.

"I know," I laugh.

"I'm not actually sure if I ever got to properly threaten you, but if you ever break her heart, then you will be facing my wrath."

"Ness, relax," I roll my eyes jokingly. "We are getting married."

"Yeah, when's that happening?"

"We are just having a little registry office ceremony on December 23."

"Oh, fun," Nessa nods.

"Don't worry, we are going to have a cheap, low-scale reception at some point that you will get an invitation to," I wink.

"Oh good. What about a honeymoon?"

"We haven't quite figured that out yet," I reply.

"Well, she likes castles," Nessa tells me.

"Yes, I'm aware," I state, laughing. "That's not a bad idea, though."

Then, Harper turns to me. "How's the conversing going, love?"

"Wonderful," I wink. Harper laughs, knowing that I'm not the most naturally social person in the world.

"Harper, I just can't get over your performance," Katherine remarks to my girlfriend, as I snake my arm around her shoulders.

"Thank you," she laughs. "I can't believe that I get to do it every day for the next year."

"When does your contract end?" I ask.

"I don't know. Sometime in early November of next year, I'd presume."

"Wow. That seems so far off," I tell her.

"I know, but it'll roll around quickly. I might take a break for a little bit after that. I'm not sure."

"If you want," I say, "but we can think about that when it is sooner to the time being."

"That's a plan."

She cuddles into my side as she takes another bite of her chicken.

The two of us finish up our food, then stand up and begin to walk around, as Harper wants to see her cast mates.

"Patrick," she tells me, pulling me over to a man, "this is Toby."

"Hey," I smile. "I've heard a lot about you."

"All good things, I'd hope," he laughs. "You're Patrick?"

"That would be me."

"Listen," Toby tells me, "no matter how much you think you've heard about me, I've definitely heard more about you."

I laugh. "And I'd hope that it's all good."

"Most certainly."

The two of us talk with Toby for a bit longer before moving on to the rest of the cast. Harper has become quite good friends with some of the girls in the ensemble, and of course, little Cassie, who is as cute as can be.

The night passes by, and it is suddenly very late. "Love," I tell her, looking around and noticing the crowd of the party beginning to die, "we should probably be getting home."

"Probably," she nods knowingly.

"Taylor offered for her driver to take us, if that's good with you."

"Not having to take a taxi would be absolutely perfect."

We head over to Taylor and Joe. "Tay, we are ready to go, if that's alright with you."

"That sounds great," she says. Then, I see her pulling colourful strands of hair out of her purse and throwing the wigs on her and Joe's heads. I let out a small laugh before Taylor pulls out her phone and texts the driver. "He's pulling up out back in about five minutes."

"You're the best," Harper comments.

"It's really nothing," Taylor insists. "This is just so much easier for you two than taking a taxi would be."

"True," my fiancee acknowledges. "Still, thank you so much."

Before we know it, we find ourselves home. I look at Harper. "Big night huh?"

"For sure."

"You were amazing, hon. Now, what do you say we get some rest before you've got to go do it all again tomorrow?"

"Sounds perfect," Harper tells me, giving me a small smile before starting to change into her pyjamas and prepare herself for bed.