5

After nap after nap, after nap. I finally heard a knock on the door, looking up I slowly dazed away. Feeling sluggish and disorienting, feeling a hole inside of my chest as I wanted to run from the feeling. "It's me...!" A pause as I shifted up into the bed, seeing the doorknob turned but unopened. "It's Kevin... can I come in?" A low voice echoed

"Yes..." I held my blankets more closer, taking the pain of my body to ache.

Kevin opened the door as I see him holding a plate, and a glass. "You haven't eaten since... uhrm..." He stopped, as the hole in my chest deepened. I turned back to my bed and dragged the covers over my head. "I'm sorry, I'm just scared since it's been two days since you last ate." He mumbled, as I heard the bed shift and I was reminded of the rocking back and forth into me causing the bed to creek.

"I'm not... hungry." I muttered, curling up into a ball as I felt Kevin on my toes.

"But I made these for you!" He started to set the plate down next to me. "It's just jam and toast, I just want you to have anything in your body." His hand touched my leg, but pulled away faster than I could react. "Sorry, my bad."

"I'm not hungry..." I said again, I just haven't got the urge to eat anyting and sense what happened before. My mind was on constant repeat, and even the dreams that I had turned into nightmares.

"Can I see you?" Kevin asked. "Please?" He added.

You didn't make me food, even if I didn't want it. I slowly dragged down the blanket below my chin to see him looking very concerned, like he didn't know what to do with me and was trying to figure it out. Looking into his eyes, I could see that he was stressing, he looked even more tired than what I've first came into here. Was he stressing over me? I didn't want to be a burden on it, so I slowly set up and looked at the plate to see a single piece of bread. Kevin was trying and I was denying it.

My hand was a complete disaster, as I tried reaching for it but I was shaking so violently I was in able to even guide myself to the place properly. Kevin lifted the plate closer to him, and grabbing the bread. "My hands are clean." He mentioned. He raised it to my lips, not forcing it on to me, but not trying to music believe me into doing it either. It was just an offer, and I looked to his eyes to see him genuinely wanting me to do so.

I took a bite of it, to see instant results of him slowly starting to get more happy. Like it was the best thing that he's seen this entire month. As if he started to get more happier than anything he's ever seen in fact. He looked so innocent, and I could see him eagerly wanting to feed me more than just a single bite too.

Even if I was a huge brother, or a huge burden, or just a horrible mistake that he chose to let in his home. I was going to try my best to make him feel better, because whenever he looked at me it was as if he was looking at a box of kittens that had lost their mom... no, it was something much sadder. Like the absence of my soul and my body clawing out for help. He was trying to help me.

I took another bite, to see his eyes flicker and his smile bigger than before. "I take it you like it?" A smug look on his face appeared as I felt... better that I could help fix myself through him. "It's got that perfect brown on it!" He grinned, scooting closer to me as I looked at him.

I pulled myself away and grabbed onto the blanket as I didn't want him to get any more closer. The turn of expression just shattered his hopes and turned to dust, he knew what he did and why I backed away. I just didn't feel comfortable around him if he was that close to me at all...

"Oh, uh... I'm sorry, got a little excited." He chuckled nervously, setting down the bread and dusting off the crumbs on his legs too. My eyes looked away as I felt guilty about it. "It's okay!" He urged me to feel better. "I just want you to be happy! Plus, this food isn't even something you would probably want... tell you what! If you want anything for dinner, tell me and I'll order it... or if you want you can watch me fail to make it... it'll be pretty funny!" Kevin urged me, his grin made me... feel less empty.