Chapter. 1

~3rd person~

while Sally was walking back to Monticello after going out to town to pick up some food for a dinner party that was being held that night. she was walking past the woods when she heard a cry coming from a tree. 

she followed the cry and saw a kid that seemed to be stuck in the tree. the kid had long (H/C) hair and big (E/C) eyes that shined in the light, she looked about 7. 

"Hey, where are your parents."

she stopped crying and looked at her.

"I-I don't h-have a-any."

"Oh, well do you want to come with me. I can make you some food."

The little girl came down and looked up at Sally. Sally took an apple out of one of the bags and handed it over to the little girl. 

"It will be a while before we get there, and it seems as if you hadn't eaten in a while either."

the little girl took it and started to eat it. Sally started to walk back to Monticello. it was a long walk but they made it there. when they got in Jefferson had just got back from France. Sally was holding the little girl's hand as the walked in. 

the little girl took off her shoes and walked into the house with her socks. 

"there's a letter on my desk from the president, Sally be a lamb can you open it."

Sally dragged the little girl into Jefferson's office. she set the girl on a chair and went over to his desk. Jefferson looked over at the girl that looked confused. 

"Sally? Who's this" 

"Well, I don't know her name sir, but I found her in the forest. she doesn't appear to have parents though."

he walked over to the little girl and kneeled down in front of her.

"Could you get her ready I will bring her with me to New York."

"But sir, what about the dinner party."

"We will call it off. what's your name little lamb?"

she stayed quiet for a bit but finally answered.

"(Y/N), sir."

352 words