t w e n t y s e v en

Detroit, Michigan

-

4 hours til game time.

4 hours to fix all their mistakes.

4 hours to practice & hustle hard.

4 hours to prepare for a win.

Blake bent over, hands on his knees after a hard workout, dripping sweat. His breathing was hard and unsteady, however getting back to a normal rate. He hustled over for ice cold water, picking up his phone.

He scrolled through his contacts, picking Lilliana's.
He then clicked on the message icon to text her.

"Hey, just wanted to make sure you knew the game starts at 8:00 p.m. My brother will be there so just look for him and that'll be your seat. I can't wait to see you."

He typed this smiling, he couldn't wait to see her repping his jersey on the court. He could just picture her now.

However, he had to set down his phone and get back to the court. Dribbling the ball he went back onto the court, playing with the guys and elaborating with coach Casey.

"Dude so are you excited or you kinda want to be in LA again?" Andre Drummond laughed.

"No, no I'm hyped. I'm ready for a clean slate and some fun this season." He responded.

"Well, welcome man. It's good to have you. Let's see what you got LA boy." He said, pulling him in for a handshake.