The Discovery

JIMIN POV:

I left my house to go on my daily run near the lake. I use this time to clear my head and to focus on important decisions in my life. I have a good life and good friends. I am happy. I am the peacemaker in my squad and that is both good and bad. I love to help them out but I can't pick sides. I have to hear everything including what they are struggling with or who they are fighting with at the moment. During my run, I start to think of my friends and what they were struggling with. I have always taken on my friends struggles and burdens. I focus on their troubles in order to not be consumed by mine. I don't have many but the ones that are present are hidden beneath fake smiles. 

I continued to run for a while before I stopped to catch my breath. I found a water fountain in a park near by. After my break, I decided to run farther since I had more to think about and no homework. I go to a high school in Seoul and it is pretty bad. I have my friends though that make it all worth while. 

I have to think about college and what I want to do. Junior year is the year of decisions and pressure. I continued to contemplate these things as I came across a bridge. This was a beautiful bridge that out-looked the lake in the most wonderful way. The lake was shimmering and splendid. I wanted to take in the glory of the scene so I slowed to a walk. I walk onto the bridge to get a better view and sit at the bench facing the exquisite waters.

I sat there and blocked out everything around me including the boy that had sat down on the bench next to mine. I didn't even notice he was there until he started mumbling things about himself. I then took a chance to look at him and he seemed extremely upset. I don't think that the boy even knew that I was sitting there. I wanted to ask the boy what he was upset about but I was afraid that it would be weird. I didn't know the boy personally so I thought it would be best not to approach him. Although, I had a horrible feeling that something bad was going to happen I looked back to the lake.

 I started to get up knowing that it was late and my parents would want me to be home soon. I began to run and as I ran I noticed tears streaming down his face. I keep glancing back towards the boy every once and a while as I ran. I was not running fast but the boy soon disappeared from my view. I felt my heart beating hard and it was not from the running. I was anxious. No one should be alone, especially crying like that. I decided to run back. I was determined to help in anyway that I could. As he came back into view, I saw him approach the other side of the bridge with tears running down his face even fiercer than before. He started to climb to the railing until he was on the edge. I realized what was happening and sprinted to the bridge not caring about my loss of breath and pain in my chest. I could see him shaking and I knew that I had to run faster. 

I saw him begin to lean off the edge and prepare to jump. I didn't try to talk him out of it. I knew that it was too late for that. He closed his eyes and let go. Thankfully, I was right behind him and grabbed him. We both fell, our backs hitting the wood planks of the bridge. I was in large amounts of pain but that wasn't my focus, the boy was. I saw that he still had his eyes closed and was trembling, not knowing what happened. That didn't matter. He was okay now.

I saved him.