Chapter 10

Simone pov:

It was finally Saturday, the day that I would probably meet her parents. I was kinda nervous to come over today because I didn't know what to expect out of this visit, but I was about to find out!

I walk up to her front door. I knocked on the door and Kitty answered. "Laiyla, your smelly human is here." she said.

"I do not smell!" "Well to me, you smell like an old gym sock." she said. Laiyla finally made it down stairs to the door."Come in Simone, I know theres a bunch of questions that you want to ask me." she said. "Well there is a bunch of questions, but I don't want to make you upset in any way." "You will not upset me. Ask me anything!" she said. "Ok, well why are you not fighting in the battle of your town, where did you get all of these powers from, and why did you pick me to be your best friend?"

"Well to answer your question, I am not allowed to fight in the war, I get my powers from being a vampire, and I picked you because I know that I can trust you to keep my secret safe from the others." she said. "Wow, that's a lot to take in, but I can handle it." "And that is why I choose you" she said. Kitty came running up to us. "Laiyla, your parents are home!" she said in a loud tone. "What?! They are not suppose to be home till tonight!" she screamed. We all looked to the door while it was opening. Standing in the doorway were 2 beautiful people.

They are your parents?!...