Part Fifteen Climb

Hoseok's POV

When I woke I was glad to see it was now daytime. The sun was shining bright, making the river sparkle.
Sophie was still sleeping with her arms wrapped around me. I poked her nose and her eyes shot open.
'Hoseok, what?'
'Its day time. We can go back now right?'
'Oh.' She rubbed her eyes. 'Yes. How is your leg?'
'It's fine.' I lied. It was actually very painful. But there is no way I'm gonna let that stop me from getting back to my friends.
Sophie took a bottle of water from her bag. She took a sip then handed it to me.
'This is all the water we have.'
'Will it be enough? We can't have run too far right?'
'It should be. I honestly don't know how far we ran. At least we stuck in one direction.'
'Right,' I beamed at her. 'And they will be looking for us.'
Sophie nodded and stood. 'Okay, let's go.'
'Okay.' I bit my lip. I knew my leg would hurt when I stood on it. I took in a deep breath, preparing for the pain. I got to my feet slowly, using the cave wall for balance.
Sophie narrowed her eyes at me. 'I thought you said it was fine.'
'It is!' I winced as the pain travelled up my leg. 'See, I can stand. It just aches a little.'
Sophie sighed. 'Hoseok, this climb is going to be difficult with that leg.'
'No, it will be okay. I can do it.'
'Not without my help you won't.'
Sophie put her sleeping bag away in her backpack then put it on her back. She put her an arm around my waist and I put my arm around her shoulder.
'Thank you.'
'It's okay. Hoseok just don't lie about it okay? It's not your fault you are hurt. Just take it slowly and don't put too much pressure on it.'
Well, here I am once again, playing the victim. How do I always manage to get myself into situations like this? Maybe I'm just destined to have an enormous amount of bad luck.
This climb really was slow going. Sophie held on to me, I was practically hopping as we climbed the cliff.
'How are you with heights Hoseok?'
'Bloody terrible.' I whimpered.
'Then please don't look down. Just keep climbing.'
'Don't worry. Looking down is not on my to-do list.'
'Good. We're almost at the top.'