Part Seven Panic

Hoseok's POV

I don't know what I had expected to happen. Maybe Jimin would hug me? Maybe not. Or at least seem happy to see me. And a girlfriend? Since when did he like girls?
We sat in the living room. Yoongi and Jimin are chatting away. They had clearly missed each other. What about me? I had no idea what to say to Jimin. It was so awkward! How can he act like there was nothing between us? Was I really not that important to him?
Sophie finally arrived from upstairs, making her dramatic 'look at me' entrance. Fair enough she is pretty but, her giggly demeanour just kind of pisses me off.
Apparently, it was just me feeling like that, however, as she even transfixed Yoongi. I'd never seen him actually take an interest in someone before.
Jimin was all over her. 'Sit here, babe.' He said as he gave her his seat. And 'can I get you anything?' Perfect gentleman.
Yoongi put his arm around me, he leaned in close and whispered. 'Calm down.'
Fuck! I forgot about his bloody mind reading. I really must learn to shut my thoughts up.
'I wanna go now!' I meant to say it casually, but it ended up sounding like I had sat on something unpleasant. 'I mean, time to go. We have...important business.'
Yoongi laughed. 'Yeah, we do.'
My mother looked a bit put out so, I gave her a hug and a kiss. 'I'll come to see you again soon, mum.'
She smiled. 'Okay honey. Be good.'
'I'm always good.'
'That's not what I've heard.' Jimin giggled and winked at my mum. He grabbed my hand and shook it. And that was when I felt it: such sadness, heartbreak.
What the hell? I'm with Taehyung now, and I love him to bits. Why would I be feeling heartbroken?
I quickly let go. 'Bye, Jimin.'
I wanted to cry, to break down and scream. The feeling was getting worse; it was so strong. Yoongi grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house, shouting our goodbyes. Once outside, I fell to my knees.
'Hobi? Hobi breath okay!'
'I can't! It hurts!' I finally let the tears fall. My chest became tight, I was breathing fast, but it didn't feel like I was getting any air into my lungs.
'Hoseok! It's okay. You're having a panic attack. Let me get your mum.'
'No!' I grabbed him. 'Please, he can't...see me. Not like this!'
Yoongi cursed. 'Okay, okay! Well, listen to me and do as I say alright?'
I nodded.
'Just slow your breathing down, ignore everything else and breath with me. Concentrate only on breathing the same way as me, okay?'
After minutes of copying Yoongi's breathing, finally, the desperate feeling for air left me. And the sadness disappeared. Everything that I had been feeling moments ago simply vanished.
'Suga what happened to me?'
'I don't know but thank fuck it's gone.'
He hugged me, wiped away my tears and helped me to my feet. I breathed a sigh of relief. It's okay now. I'm fine.

Yoongi took me home. And even though I told him I was alright now, he laid me down on my sofa and placed a blanket over me.
'You may think you're okay, Hobi, but I know better. You just saw your ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend and then had a panic attack. So no, you're not fine. And you're going to stay here and, I don't know to take a nap or something. Tae will be home soon, and he can look after you. Because as you know, I'm pretty shit at cuddling and whatever it is people do at these times.'
I laughed. 'Thank you, Suga. You might think you're not helping me much, but, you are. You always do.'
Yoongi smiled at me. 'Sleep Hobi.'
'Okay.' I closed my eyes, thinking I probably wouldn't be able to sleep. But I did, and when I awoke hours later, Yoongi was asleep—still holding my hand.