Part Twenty Two Promise

Jungkook's POV

I stood looking down at my feet, as Jimin shifted awkwardly at my door.
'Kook.' He said.
'Huh.'
'Can I come in?'
'Oh, yeah.; I moved aside, letting him into my house. 'Jimin, I'm so sorry! Please believe me. I promise I will stay away from her! I"ll even stay away from you too, if that"s what you want. Just, please believe me Jimin!'
'Kookie! Stop talking.'
I shut my mouth immediately. Jimin stepped closer to me. Is he going to hit me again? Slowly he reached out and gently touched my bruised nose.
'That looks like it hurts.' He mused.
'It does. But, I deserved it.'
Jimin sighed. 'No, you didn't. Sorry, I hit you.'
I laughed nervously. 'well, I did kiss your girlfriend. So, I deserved it.'
'Maybe. Look, Kookie. I don't want us to fight. And I'm not here to argue either. I just wanted to tell you that, we broke up. I'm not with Sophie anymore.'
'Oh, god! I'm sorry Jimin please, you can't break up with her because of me!'
'It's not just down to that. I can't give her what you can. Because I'm gay. And I can't keep telling myself otherwise.'
'I thought that maybe you must be bisexual.'
'Yeah, I thought that I could be too. I've realised though, with the help of Suga, that I can't make myself fancy her when she doesn't have the parts that I like.'
'Ah, good old Suga. What would we do without him?'
Jimin smiled. 'We would probably all lose our shit and be at each other's throat's.'
'Probably.' I chuckled. 'He's like our own personal therapist. An agony aunt. Good old auntie Suga.'
We both laughed at that.
Jimin said. 'Let's not call him that though, not unless you have a death wish. And Kookie, I know how much you like Sophie, and I'm not going to get in the way. If you really want her then, I guess you have my blessing.'
'No Jimin.' I shook my head. 'I can't do that!'
'I'm serious. If you want her Kookie, then go get her. She wants you too. I know she does. We all deserve a chance at happiness right?'
I put my arms around him. 'Jimin thank you. And I'm really sorry. I promise I won't ever do anything like that to you again.'
He hugged me back. 'I'm sorry too. Let's never stop being friends. Promise?'
I nodded, blinking away the tears in my eyes. 'I promise.'