V

(I hate everything about this chapter. also, that note??? I am so sorry. I'm gonna kick 2018 me in the ASS)

~

What is UP Jake Paulers? How ya doin'? I'm doing great, thanks for asking! Anyway here's another chapter lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was right around dinner time when Pansy Parkinson very loudly burst through the doors to my shared room

"Draco Malfoy! Where have you been?"

I just stared at her. We were never really friends before the seventh year. She was always this annoying girl that was always around me. But as the war was going on, she started to tone it down a little. Eventually, we got pretty close. We're not dating or anything, we tried that though, or- she did. We both hated it. So we're just close friends now.

"Draco if you don't speak up and answer me right now, so help me I'll tell your mother!"

I sighed. "Pansy I-I just wasn't feeling all that great, okay?"

"That's no excuse! We were worried!"

"If you were so damn worried, then why didn't you come to get me? Why didn't you come and tell me to go out with you?"

She grimaced. I suddenly realized what I just did and put my head in my hands. "I'm sorry Pansy. I don't know what came over me. It's not your fault, it's not anyone's fault but my own," I say with my hands muffling my voice.

She sat next to me on the bed and draped her arm around my shoulders. "Oh, Draco. It's not your fault. I had it coming. I could get used to you yelling at us all the time, it's so out of character for you to be so miserable. We need a good old fashioned Draco tantrum again. Y'know, in third year I remember.."

She kept going on and on about the temper tantrums I used to have. We had a good laugh remembering how I would stamp my feet and scream into a pillow. I wrote my father a lot of angry letters way back when.

We talked and talked, eventually Theodore and Blaise walked into our shared room with some snacks. So we just sat there on my bed eating and reminiscing about the "good old days". It was truly the best time I've had all year.

Eventually we all split. Pansy went to the girls' dormitories while we got ready for bed.

I share a room with Zabini and Nott. It's nice having close friends with me, but sometimes they get so damn annoying. It's like they can never sleep without squawking on and on for another two hours before they're finally asleep.

But tonight they're quiet. Well, not really. They're whispering to each other. But they never do that. They usually either include me in the conversation or talk until I tell them to shut up. I hear Theodore get up from his bed to Blaise's. They sit against the headboard while talking even quieter than before.

I can't make out a thing they're saying, so I just roll over and try to ignore it. It doesn't take me very long to fall asleep. As I'm pulled into sleep, I try to focus on the good things that happened today. Rather than what happened the day before, or what's gonna happen tomorrow. I groom my mind away from the remembrance that I'll just be woken up by nightmares, and the fact that there's really no reason to sleep when I'll just be awfully tired in the morning anyway.

I push those thoughts to the very back of my mind as I finally decide to focus on my breathing. In. Out. In. Out.

I fall into a pattern until my eyelids get heavy enough to fall asleep. I get dragged into the darkness of my 'dream' world as I'm eventually not focusing on anything.

Until the nightmares came.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!"

The courtyard of people standing in front of the destroyed school either gasp or stare in shock. I hear students wailing at the news of their saviours' death. I look around at the students standing close to me. They're glaring. They hate me. I deserve to be hated. I'm the reason he's dead. I helped them get to the school.

It's my fault.

"Draco." I hear my mother call for me across the courtyard. She's standing beside my father. That terrible excuse for a man. Although, I can't say much. I'm much more of a coward than he is. I choose whatever side won't get my pretty little face hurt. Now, look where that got me.

My heart fills with dread as I walk past the crowd of students to my mother. I was stopped by Lord Voldemort as he congratulated me for choosing the correct side. And he did no less then hug me. That three seconds felt like hours. I dreaded being close enough to touch. It felt disgusting. I finally got to my mother, who hugged me and held me close to her side, away from my father who glared down at me.

I tune my hearing from Lord Voldemort's mindless evil monologuing as I notice Longbottom start walking forward. I almost want to run and stop him. 'YOU'LL DIE!' I scream at him in my mind.

He begins to go on this rant, this speech about Harry and the school. They're all laughing. Voldemort almost casts the killing curse before I hear a yell.

"Expelliarmus!"

^~~^~~^~~^~~^