XXI

This chapter is directly continued from the last one, so maybe check the last few sentences for a refresher. (so basically this chapter is more in the past, and in the "present" harry and Draco are sitting by the lake) Love you all!

I did a little sketch of the end of chapter X! it's not that great bc it took me like 20 minutes but come get y'all juice anyway

⚠️ TW: Suicide mention and a panic attack, though it's an uplifting chapter⚠️

"And I was left a sobbing, shaking mess on the dirty floor of a dusty, unused classroom

"And I was left a sobbing, shaking mess on the dirty floor of a dusty, unused classroom."

-chapter x

~^~^~^~^~^~

My entire body went rigid, and I felt like a bucket of ice-cold water was dumped down the back of my shirt

My entire body went rigid, and I felt like a bucket of ice-cold water was dumped down the back of my shirt. Thoughts and excuses were swimming around my head too fast to keep up. I couldn't make a single cohesive sentence come out of my mouth.

"I- I didn't..."

"When?" Blaise's blunt voice cut through the icy silence like a knife. My head snapped towards the four-poster bed he was laying on. A strangled noise escaped my throat.

"I- no... Blaise please-" I didn't even quite know what I was pleading for. I just wanted the conversation to end. I felt my once-hardened face contorting with anxiety. Blaise just stared at my face from the other side of the room, and I wasn't quite sure what I'd seen in his eyes. It wasn't sadness, nor anger. He was probably just scared, as was I.

"When?" Blaise pressed again. "You said just weeks ago. Was this before or after your run-in with Potter in that classroom?"

It felt like a formal interrogation. All of my friends felt so far away, even if they were a matter of a few feet from me. I never meant for that to slip out. I didn't want them to know.

It seemed like they stay strong during situations where I try to harm myself, but I know they panic and cry when I'm not looking. Pansy was joking with me in the hospital-wing bed, but I know she partially blamed herself for what I'd done. Blaise was joking with me in the bathroom after I'd thrown up my food, but I noticed him watching me eat a lot more carefully, monitoring every bite.