XVI

So very quickly before we get into the chapter, I want to give another important note.

As I've said multiple times before, If you have issues currently with mental illness, especially self-harm, I want you to tread lightly with books like these.

I understand that it can help with coping, but I have gotten warnings from other authors telling me that readers have taken what they've written, and copied the actions.

Right now, I'm being extremely serious with you guys. This book, under no circumstances, is to be used in that way. This is not some sort of weird romanticized instruction manual. When I started writing this, it was to cope with the horrible mindset I was in back then. I also read a lot of stories like this around then too.

I've left multiple trigger warnings both in the description and at the top of certain chapters. If you choose not to heed those warnings and continue on, that if your choice.

This book was NEVER intended to harm anybody. That is a disgusting thought.

Please, be careful.

~~~~~

I stared at the ground with Harry in front of me

I stared at the ground with Harry in front of me. I was about to steps backward to falling down the stairs, and I can feel his gaze burning holes into my forehead.

"So please," I huffed out, "talk to me."

After a moment of complete silence, I saw water dripping onto the floor between us, and then I heard a sniffle.

I looked up at him, and to my surprise, Harry was crying. His face was red and grimacing. Tears were flowing from his eyes like rivers. It was like he finally exploded and now he couldn't stop.

Dread filled my body. I'd never seen him cry. I didn't know what to do. I had no clue how to deal with my own emotions, let alone Harry's.

He staggered backward away from me again. I stared at him wide-eyed as he backed up against a wall and slid down it. He tried to hide his face in his hands and turned away from my gaze. He clearly didn't want me to see him like this.

Do I comfort him? Do I leave him be? I still want answers!

Before I asked him anything else, I picked up the crumpled note of the floor, making sure Harry was always in the corner of my eye and unfolded it.

Harry.

I can't do this anymore. I'm going to jump off the astronomy tower at midnight tonight. If you choose to read this, you can help me. I'd rather be anywhere but here.

-Draco.

I was fuming. My hands were shaking and I almost screamed. I crumpled the note back up and threw it further away. I was going to have a little talk with my dorm mates when I got back.