XVII

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure if that's the correct Roman numeral. I haven't studied them since like 7th-grade lmao

So the last chapter was a lil bit of a train wreck but we're pushing through it

~~

I couldn't find anything that fit this chapter at all, so if y'all wanna contribute smth thst fits you can. like some edgy quote thing that I've been using lmao

~^~^~

I was peacefully sitting in between Harry's legs with my head on his chest. I hadn't a care in the world, as long as I felt his arms around me.

Until I suddenly remembered the note.

"I'm gonna fucking slaughter them," I growled into Harry's chest. He flinched at the venom in my voice.

"Who?"

I snapped my head back around to the crumpled note, still sitting on the floor. I narrowed my eyes at it and made a move to climb off Harry. Not having his hands on some part of my body made me a little unsettled for a moment, but I got over it quickly.

As I stood up, basically every bone in my body cracked. My knees wobbled as I tried to carry myself over to where the balled-up paper was sitting. Merlin, how long have I been sitting?

I scooped it up and walked back over to where Harry was sitting. He opened his arms again, and let me sit in between his legs.

I re-read the note over and over. The more I read it, the angrier I got.

"How did you even believe this rubbish?" I spat. "This doesn't even sound like me." Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"I suppose not. Though, I don't regret coming up here," He says smugly. "I don't think you do either."

"You hush! I'm trying to come up with a way to make them regret this."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Do we really have to worry about this right now?"

"You don't have to worry about anything. My friends don't even like you."

"Well, that's reassuring."

I laughed and buried my face back into his chest. I deeply inhaled his scent. Harry definitely kept clean. There's never a bad smell on him. I certainly appreciate it.

"I do want to help though," he added. "I'm not sure what I would do, but I sure as hell can try."

"Well, there's not much you can do. I'm thinking I can just give them the silent treatment until they beg me for forgiveness!" I said with an evil smile. Harry softly laughed and rested his chin on my head.

"Are you sure you'd be able to do that?"

"Do what?"

"Not talk?"

I quickly moved my head from under his chin and stared at him with my mouth open, deeply offended.

"I can stop talking when I want! It's you that can never stop blabbing about, Mr. Golden Boy!" I shouted in his face. He just grinned at me.

"Whatever you say, Draco." He mumbled with a smile.

~^~^~^~^~^~