VI

Warning, this chapter is cringy

Warning, this chapter is cringy. It has a really awkwardly-written breakdown, and I hope you can get through it lmaO

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up. This time I'm not screaming, crying, or even sweating a little. That was a good dream. That's when the war ended. That's when everything turned out okay. My mother was always right.

Harry Potter. The saviour. Only 17 and he changed the world! He saved everybody from death and destruction. Everybody loves him. I wonder how that feels?

Me? I'm hated. I've been hated since day one here at this school. For obvious reasons. But I wonder what it would be like in his shoes? I wouldn't hate it. I wouldn't enjoy it, but I wouldn't despise it either.

It would be amazing to be loved by somebody other than your mother.

It would be amazing if people heard the name 'Draco Malfoy' And though 'Hero! Good! Amazing!' Rather than 'Villain! Deatheater! Evil!'

I chose this life though. I could've killed myself, or even let myself get killed. But no. I didn't want to die at the time. I could've run away the very second I was told I was to be a deatheater. But Voldemort and his crew of bastards would've come after me and tortured me.

The moment Voldemort learned that my mother was my weakness changed everything. That was when I really had no choice. I couldn't let my mother die. No matter what. She was the only light in my miserable life.

I continued thinking about this as I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I didn't feel like taking a shower, so I just got rid of any odour with a quick spell.

My hair's a mess. I stopped taking care of it last year. I just brush it and let it be.

Conveniently, we didn't have any classes today, due to the weekend. So I decided to take a quick walk along the lake.

I strolled through the castle until I made it to the doors to outside. There ware no students in the halls, or by the door, or anywhere in the castle, really. It's was quite early in the morning, so everyone was either still asleep or still in bed.

Before I could walk out the door, I heard footsteps walking in my direction. They didn't sound like very strict steps, like heels, so they weren't the headmasters' footsteps. They weren't very heavy, either. So they weren't any professor. I learned to tell the difference between student and teacher by their footfalls back in 6th year. I had to do a lot of sneaking around.

It was a student. I quickly slid out the door the quietest I could. I walked away from the castle, trying to clear my head from all the negative thoughts. I could still hear the footsteps behind me. Please stop following me. Please stop following me. Please stop following me. I repeated the same phrase over and over in my head until I finally turned around.