Chapter | Four

Tuesday afternoon - Alex's house

I opened my front door slowly and shut it behind me. It has been such a long and horrific day. I'm ready to either scream, punch a hole through the wall, or sleep for days. I walked up the stairs slowly while holding onto the railing. I walked into my room and took off my jacket. I drag myself over to the mirror that hangs by my door and look at my reflection. It doesn't even look like me at this point. I haven't been sleeping. I can't eat due to how sick my anxiety is making me feel. 

My eyes wander down to my wrist where I had a purple bruise that had the outline of Jordyn's fingers from earlier today. He is a completely different person from the Jordyn I know and love. He's a stranger. Unfortunately for him, the angle he wants to play involves me telling my brother what he's doing. I'm not dragging Ryan into this, or making him worry. Jordyn's just being a bully. He'll move on when he no longer gets a rise out of me. I ran my fingers along with the newly formed marks and I winced. My wrist still throbs from where his hands were. 

I opened my dresser and pulled out some sweatpants and a big T-shirt and slipped them on. I walked over to my bed and fell into the mattress. I sat up and looked at the ceiling, just thinking. I've been through a lot in my life, from this horrible town to my mom leaving me. But how am I supposed to escape this? Jordyn seems like the final boss of a very long and treacherous video game. Ethan, Jackson, and Grayson are the side characters that always end up eliminated from the game for trying to save the princess. 

I look over at my nightstand and pick up the black leather book laying on it. I untied the string that held the book closed, picked up my pen, and let it glide across the paper.

February 5th, 2019

       Dear Diary, 

It's been a hell of a week and it's barely even begun. Jordyn has come back home and has been making my life a living hell. I don't exactly know his motive, and I don't think I'll find out anytime soon. And another asshole has popped up in my life. Well, I wouldn't say 'asshole' as of right now, seeing as he and his friends stuck up for me when Jordyn was harassing me... but I'm sure that will change tomorrow. Things have been going so weird. Just last week I didn't exist to anyone, and now the Ethan Dolan has taken an interest in me. I'm literally a nobody, why does he want to mess with me? I mean I know him, and his games. All he wants is sex, and then he's out. or if he's feeling extra, then he'll make me fall in love with him just to leave me, to break me. Cruel huh? That's just who he is. I don't think anyone can change him. Especially not me.

                                                                                                                    wish me luck, xoxo

                                                                                                                                         -A 

-

Next Morning - 5:00 a.m

Of course, I would wake up before my alarm went off.  I pushed my heavy comforter off of my body and sat up. Today's only the third day back and I want to drop out. I'm kind of glad I got up early, it gives me time to cover up the bruise Jordyn left.

I got out of the shower and headed to my closet to find something to wear. Maybe I can put a little more effort into my appearance today since I got up so early. I put on a navy blue knitted sweater and a pair of black ripped jeans. I can't have Ryan see my arms. I added some light makeup on and brushed my hair. I'm ready to leave now. I have time to grab a coffee before school since I still have 30 minutes before I have to be there, thank God