chapter || 48

Alex

"Yes, I have," I responded nervously. He patted the seat beside him, and I sat down. I gave my self a good amount of space separating us. 

"Go on," He smiled, taking a sip of his drink. "Before I start, I want you to hear me out. As a father, not as a gang personnel." I started, and he changed his expression a little. 

"Larce, for many reasons I can't join the Mortels," I stated, and I saw him stare down at his drink. "I want to graduate high school, go to college, have a family, and maybe be with Ethan if it keeps going well." I smiled at the thought of us. 

"I understand." He spoke up after a moment of suffocating silence. "Wait- y- you do?" I stuttered. I definitely wasn't expecting that. It can't be this easy. 

"You're just like your mother in that aspect," He added, and I smiled. "This Ethan character must really be influencing your decisions, huh?" He asked calmly, and I shrugged.

"I make my own decisions," I responded. "You're in love with him aren't you?" Larce asked me, and I looked away.

"As far in love as I could be," I responded, and he nodded. "Love makes you do stupid things," He warned, and I nodded. "Not this time." I shook my head. "He would never hurt you?" He asked curiously. "No," I replied confidently. 

"If this is your decision I will respect it Alexandra." He stood up, changing the subject and I did too. "I won't keep your mother from you, she no longer has to run to keep me away," He spoke, and my eyes lit up.

"Your friends are in no danger from me, including your brother," He spoke again and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you." I responded calmly, not trying to show too much gratitude. He's still a monster plain and simple. 

I turned to walk out, but I heard his voice again. "But Alex, if you do reconsider, the invitation will always stand, the mortel door will never shut for you." He said again, holding his drink up slightly. 

I nodded, before walking out of the front door of this mob house. 

Larce

"You said you would make her join." Hagen sent worry in my direction. "All in due time," I responded.

"You said she would be the one that could save us- give us a brighter future," He spoke again quickly. I set my glass down loudly, making him step back.

"She'll be back soon Hagen. You just wait and see," I responded calmly. "Until then, start packing. We're leaving soon." I smiled, and he sent me a confused look. "That's an order," I said again, and he turned around quickly. 

She will be back, willingly. All in due time. 

-

--

---

A/n very short chapter, still trying to fix all these double chapters and fill in the deleted ones.