Chapter | Eight

Alex

I dropped the boys off and drove back to my house. My mind wouldn't shut off, and I couldn't shake the feeling of someone else's hands on my body. I also just can't comprehend Jordyn telling him to do something like that to me. When my mom was around she had numerous different boyfriends. They would always move in after two days of hooking up. One of them touched me inappropriately multiple times, and always found a way to get me alone. The thoughts make my skin crawl. I shook my head as I pulled into my driveway. No matter what Jordyn has turned into, I just never thought he'd betray me in that way. He was the first person I told. I was too scared to confide in anyone. He jumped into action immediately. Him and my brother drug him out of the house and beat him until the cops arrived. My mom stood there and watched. She blamed me for him going to jail, and even went out with him a few times after that. 

I'm starting to question the hole that has been in my chest since she left. The memories that I have never thought twice about; or considered the hurt are flooding in. I felt my eyes watering as I stared at my house. I'm not sad, I'm just so angry. I shut off my car and made my way into the house. I shut the door slowly and rested the back of my head on the hard frame.

"Rough day?" Ryan's voice appeared, causing me to jump. He was pointing at my ice cream covered clothes. He was leaning against the door frame of the kitchen with his arms crossed. He looks like such a dad. 

"Rough life." I replied, fake laughing and running my hands over my shirt. 

"Is everything okay?" He asked in a more serious tone. 

"Ugh, yeah. Just not looking forward to this project I have to do." I answered, trying to sound believable. I am lying through my teeth and I'm hoping he can't tell. If I tell him what really happened, I fear he will actually go to prison. 

"Has Jordyn messed with you at all?" He asked suddenly. I shook my head quickly and tried to laugh at his question. I pretended I got a text, and retrieved my phone from my pocket. 

"No he hasn't, but I have to go, my partner is waiting on me. I love you." I lied again, opening the door back up and walking to my car. My brother probably thinks I'm on drugs. I looked up at the sky as if God himself was going to come out of the clouds and smack me. If he is listening, I beg he gives me a break soon.

I climbed back in my car, debating on what to do. I looked in the backseat and saw an inhaler. That's what they get for smoking so much. I don't know whose it is, but I'll take it to Ethan and Grayson's house and drop it off. It's the perfect excuse, maybe God is looking out for me. 

I pulled into their driveway and walked to the door. I knocked on it three times, causing pain to shoot through my hand. I haven't even looked at my hand, or changed my clothes. I smell like a strawberry shortcake, and am very sticky. 

"Coming." I heard Jackson yell. I wonder if they ever go to their own homes. I'm assuming no, since Ethan and Grayson's mom is literally never in town. They don't talk about her much, but I know she is always traveling for work, and even has a second home outside of this town. I don't blame her.

Jackson opened the door and all of the heads in the living room turned when they heard my name. "Alex, hey, are you okay?" He asked with furrowed brows. I glanced down at his hand that was wrapped in white gauze. He swiftly put it behind his back, causing me to look back up at his blue eyes. He still looks sorry. I could never stay mad at him for more than five minutes, but it doesn't make it okay.