1 · [ the auditions ]

[ Set in S6 · what if the a-troupers of s5 were fighting for their spots on the nationals team as it was them who won regionals? the auditions are done and all the auditionees have been getting to know each other during the wait. ]

###

noah pov

i sighed in boredom as jacquie spoke. i wasn't listening and it was clear to see. it didn't bother me where and when she went out - im kinda tired of it. i don't even get a word in during our 'conversations' anymore. she always has the first and the last word.

maybe she was right. maybe i gave her an answer that was more than about summer being a better dancer than her... i just found something about her so different and intriguing. she wasn't like anyone else i had met here at TNS. summer had won many dance solo competitions, dance scholarships and even the Stacey Carpenter Scholarship. not many- basically none of the other dancers on our original team had that level of recognition and wins in the dance world.

even though we don't actually know who is on the actual a-troupe but getting rid of miss angela and bringing back emily and michelle was a big win all on it's own.

"noah," said jacquie, snapping her fingers in my face.

"yes?!" i exclaimed, sitting back upright again in shock.

she rolled her eyes and sighed. "im going to go find richelle." like that, she just got up and left. does she not take what we have seriously?- well it's not like i can even say that as im personally struggling to clearly say i still have feelings for her without an excuse to avoid the question. it always works, but, im not sure if it's even right to do that?..

sipping the last bit of my smoothie, i placed the empty cup back on the table and went back up to the studio. so many things were on my mind and i just couldn't seem to avoid these thoughts i had. what if i dumped her? i always asked myself. i can't do that, can i...?

arriving in studio a, i saw summer talking with kingston whilst stretching. why him though, it didn't add up?..

"summer! ..kingston." i said, walking over to the two with an enthusiastic smile.

"hey noah!" summer exclaimed, a wide smile on her face.

"..noah." said kingston, awkwardly looking in every direction... and i thought i was the awkward type.

###

we just stretched and talked about things, every word she said was processed and read carefully in my mind. the things she said interested me and gained my full attention, it just seemed, like, it was meant to happen.

just as we were exchanging our best moves, there were phone notification noises going off everywhere and you could definitely hear them.

it was an email:

'dear dancers,

you are all to return to studio a as we are ready to announce the newest a-troupe. this team will be full of technically skilled and a range of dancers that make up a team of variety and skill.
this nationals season, we have to work harder than ever to make it. we've been known for smashing the competition at nationals and we have a reputation to uphold.

rehearsals for a-troupe are at 4:30pm to 7:45pm every tuesday, wednesday and thursday.
studio bookings can be at any time for solo, duet or group rehearsals.

don't be late or you'll make up the time!

- miss emily, co-studio head.'

this was the time. the time i find out if i made it into the a-troupe for the first nationals since our regionals come back.

i watched as the room started to fill with dancers hoping that they made it in as well. all the originals: amy, piper, richelle, jacquie, josh, zara, heather, kingston, henry, lola, latroy & myself were waiting to see if we kept our spots as anyone could be replaced. like last time we had auditions for regionals, ALL spots are up for grabs. the only thing i was concerned about was losing my spot to another dancer like me.

once the room had all 20 awaiting to see if they had made the cut, emily followed by michelle, came out from the office and stood before us.

"attention dancers!" exclaimed 'miss emily' , clapping her hands together to silence the small talk that was going on.

"we will call the people we have chosen, you stand in a line just in front of the mirrors facing the back." said michelle, holding a clipboard secured in her hand.

nervously, i fiddled with my fingers in anxiety. it would kill me to not make the team. i mean, i had to make the team. im considered the best dancer in studio.. right? surely the best dancer can't get replaced with someone supposedly better than them. otherwise it just means they weren't the best. i couldn't let that happen.

the two studio heads were about to announce the names. oh my god, i've never been so anxious. it's kind of worrying.

"richelle!" expected.
"amy!" best acrobatics dancer ig.
"jacquie!"
"henry!"
"kingston!"
"ozzy!"
"latroy!"

did the whole original team make it? It seemed a little too good to be true. There were still really good dancers left.

zara, josh, heather, piper and lola hadn't been called yet.
kenzie, finn, summer, lily, simone & a few other auditionees from other studios were here with a great chance as well.

"noah!" thank god. i was worried about nothing. im on the team.

"there are still four spots available and we have some opinions to consider. josh will face finn, zara will face kenzie, summer will face heather and lola, piper - you will go head to head."

STILL undecided? well.. we did need the best only. guess this was just a final decision as they didn't want to make the wrong choice.

"noah, richelle.. you will help us decide!" oh shit, choosing between teammates and new dancers, this will really hurt some feelings.