20 · [ AIRED. ]

( Set in S6 ) · Storyline: It's supposed to make sense. But nobody likes being aired. Especially by their girlfriend.
- When Riley doesn't pick up James' calls, James calls up Thalia and demands help in order to get an answer as to why. And how.

---

james pov

I had just finished my shoot for the day and of course I had promised Riley that work wouldn't interfere with our relationship. But it had. A lot of the time. My work was.. something I couldn't avoid. I became a model for a new dance club. It's a bar. You'll find all sorts of people there for many reasons. Betting, hook ups, drinks - it is one check of a popular place. It even had a casino upstairs. That's where most people would go. My buddy, Luke, decided to start it up and now it's a huge success.

There's good work.. and bad work. Work you could be sentenced to severe punishment for. Yet it pays good money. Sometimes, you have to do a bad thing to live a good life. That's what my boss tells me. Not Luke, my other boss. My double life, is kinda dark.

Usually I wouldn't want to be anywhere near cops, however, today I want an investigation. I need to know what is going on and why. Ri always picks up. Surprisingly she didn't. It's not like her. She wouldn't ignore a call from me. Like, I've been aired. That's bad.

Getting out my phone, I dialed a number and called it hoping for an answer.

"Can I help you?"
"Yes. I think Riley is in trouble."
"Why?"
"She isn't picking up her phone and she's always on it. This is clearly something that needs to be looked into."
"I'll see what I can do, James. Where is she at?"
"Our apartment."
"You just finished work?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, well we will give you the details soon."

Thalia then hung up on me. She's a very determined person so I'll let her off. Crime Scene Investigation is a tough business. If this exposes what I really do, it'll be all over. Although, is love worth going to prison for? I'm not really sure. She always said she wanted to be involved in the law side of things. Now she's a field agent for law enforcement and investigation. I know she can help.

thalia pov

James insisted this was a serious case so I told the director and he assured me it was a good idea. Now I'm not one for these unknown cases but I suppose I'll let it go as this could actually be something unexpected. Expect anything.
The rest of the field agents with some S.W.A.T. agents followed me to the house. Agents went into the building through all entrances and made their way to the apartment. You could smell an unpleasant smell as soon as we entered through the door.

To our expectations, there was Riley. Sincerely dead. She had marks on her body showing a struggle, being strangled and that she was stabbed - right in the heart. This was no ordinary murder. There was a hit man responsible for this. How am I going to tell James that his girlfriend was a target given to a hitman? And who is the hitman?...