Handle the pain

~~Louis point of view~~

I found him outside the school leaning against the wall. Sitting on the floor. His head was into his arms. I sighed plopping next to him.

"Hey.... it's alright." He just shook his head not looking up.

"I made a joke out of myself. Now everyone's seen my cry." He got out slowly. I sighed heavily again.

"No ones going to judge you. I'd shove them into the wall trust me." He chuckled quietly. when did I become so protective? Because I'm not kidding id hurt someone.

"Can I touch you?" I blurted it out without even thinking. "Not like that! I mean like give you a hug or something." He looked up from his legs giving me the most vulnerable look I've ever seen. He looked so unsure and tears were still flooding down his face.

I don't know how he's going to answer to this. He's never let anyone touch him so why me? I'm such a fucking idiot.

He looked away from me turning to his bag grabbing hand whips and handing them to me.

You have to be kidding. I let out a little laugh but took then none the less and wiped my hands.

He put his head back into his knees. I think that's signaling it can touch him now. So i slid next to him putting my arm around him.

This is weird. I'm touching Horan. No one has ever touched him. But I am. I wonder if he's ever let anyone touch him. Am I the first? I did touch him on the piano—

"I'm sorry I'm such a baby. It's just you don't understand." He looked up from his knees looking out into the distance.

His face showed no emotion except for the tear marks on his face. His lips are also a little swollen from bitting them. He looks so cute. I can't believe I'm saying this but wow. This guy is stunning even like this.

"so talk. I promise i won't tell anyone. Might as well tell someone what's going on in your head." He stared across the parking lot and my arm was still around his shoulders he leaned into me.

I froze a little. This is so fucking weird. 

"I'm an asshole though. You are too. Why do you care?" He spoke emotionless and still. He was right.

"Man I don't know Horan! Just talk" I huffed my arm still firmly around him.

He looked at me unsurly but just shook his head looking back out to the parking lot.  "My m-mom was the only thing I had. Me and my fathers relationship... isn't the best so my mom was the only person in the world that I loved. She loved me even though I am such a freak." He laughed a little at that shaking his head.

I was going to protest but decided to let him continue. " she was the only person that kept me grounded you know? One day... while she was walking back from work she was... well hit by a car. My life completely changed after that. She was my absolute everything. We were each other's rock. And now she's gone." He started to softly cry again at the last sentence and shut his eyes trying to avoid embarrassment.

I awkwardly took him into a full hug and he softly cried into my shirt. I didn't know what to say.

She meant so much to him. She was his everything. I feel so bad for him. Even if this is Horan I feel awful. I could never imagine losing my mother. And I'm not even as close to her.

I held him for what felt like forever but I didn't mind. He needs someone now that his mom is gone. Maybe I should be that someone?

No no that's crazy.

"Hey let's get out of here yeah?" He looked up at me.

" are you sure? I don't want to get you in trouble." He's said with such innocence. He whipped his eyes with his sleeve Damn.