Goodbye

~~~Louis point of view~~~

Before we knew it we were both sitting in a room waiting for some cops to come in and take nialls statement.

The room was quite so I could hear nialls staggered breaths as he tried to calm himself. His eyes were glued on the table and he looked on the verge of breaking down.

We stopped at our house before coming here to grab Niall a sweatshirt. It was actually one of his own. He mumbled something about it meaning something to him since it was from his mom.

My mom and dad wished us good luck before we left and Niall just smiled appreciative at them. He stared at my dad a little longer than usual giving him a nod. I wonder what they talked about yesterday.

Back in the room I didn't realize my foot was tapping the floor anxiously. I looked back over at Niall who looked so white if you put him in the snow I would lose him.

"Ni, please calm down. We got this ok. I'll be here for you every step of the way." I grabbed his hand slowly squeezing it for some reassurance. He nodded his head and offered me a small smile.

Eventually a woman and a male officer came in sitting in the seats across from Niall and I. Niall grew uncomfortable quickly and immediately looked down at the table.

"Hi boys" the woman said softly taking out folders of papers. I said a soft hello back and Niall didn't answer. The papers were labeled with Nialls name on them. They quickly flipped through them reviewing the case.

"So we have a lot of evidence Niall. We have 3 boys who gave eyewitness reports and video report. We also have hospital records and photos of damage that can be used against him. Also the video evidence." She said still with the same softness in her voice. Niall seemed to like her since he looked up to see her face.

"We do have to inform you this will be recorded by cameras in the room. It will be used in court" the male officer said in a harsher voice. This caused Niall to jump and look back at the table.

I sighed. We weren't going to get anywhere like this. "Excuse me can we only have one officer in here. I think it will put him at ease" I said mostly to the woman. No offense to the guy but he's too aggressive.

She nodded and smiled softly. She turned to her partner and kicked him out of the room. Niall relaxed the tiniest bit without a dominant older man in the room. 

I looked over where the cameras were. They were placed in all corners. It's great. This way niall won't have to show up in court.

"Well Mr.Tomlinson will you go first and explain in detail what happened that day?" She turned to me and I nodded my head. Niall looked at me nervously.

"Well this started long before that day. From when we had a school project I saw him shirtless for the first time while changing in gym. It had to be the worst I've ever seen.  Bruises ran all over his body." I said avoiding nialls eyes glued to mine. I had to be completely honest.

"It couldn't have been anyone in school since Niall is untouchable in school. He's very claustrophobic and germaphobic so even if we wanted to no one can get near him. That was my firsts suspicion." I said confidently recounting all the details. Niall shifted uncomfortably. This was the first time he's heard my side of the story.

"Me and him got close so I'm able to touch him now" I reached over and grabbed nialls hand softly and he let me. The cop looked over confused because he had cleaned down every surface before sitting earlier. How would he let me just touch him? Honestly I didn't know either.

" I tended to his wound every day almost. They got worse and worse. My mother is a nurse and said he had fractured ribs. I've never seen a body that beat up. And it would always be after I dropped him off at his house. He didn't see anyone else" I explained trying to make it make sense.