The Truth

Hey guys! Little trigger warning here: there is some major mentions of abuse in this chapter and other topics along those lines so read with care 🖤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Louis point of view~~~

He took his time in the shower while I showered in a different bathroom downstairs. I was done, changed and my hair dried before he was done. I lent him more clothes of course. I'll have to take him shopping soon.

I went downstairs to grab some water and something for us to eat. My family were talking about the ordeal downstairs.

Not a single person had a problem with him staying. It's not like Niall did anything besides help this family anyway. I was glad to hear that at least.

When i walked down to get the food they all looked at me sadly and i just sighed.

My sisters started to talk about how they never thought i would like someone like that. So deeply.

My response was simple "i don't like him i love him" i said this seriously my fave dull with sadness for Niall. My mother smiled at this and my dad just stood approvingly.

By the time i got back upstairs Niall was sitting on the edge of the bed, hair soaked all over his face, dressed but staring at the wall. You can tell he's given up.

I set down the stuff on my table walking over kneeling in front of him.

"Why didn't you leave me there Louis? What's going to happen to him now? What's going to happen to me? I-I'm im so embarrassed. Someone that's supposed to love mean abused me. S-so so badly." His voice was steady but quiet. I just sighed sitting
on the bed next to him.

Slowly i pulled him onto my lap to where his legs were around mine and i just hugged him.

"Niall i would have never left you there. Don't be embarrassed please Niall. I'm not nor will i ever judge you because of it. You deserve better. It's not your fault." I was rubbing his back while talking to him but the last sentence caused him to freeze up a little.

He started to pull away so of course i let him go. I'm not going to force affection on him. He knows I'm always here for him though.

"Don't lie to me." This took me back for a second. What? What does he mean.

Tears grew in his eyes quickly. "Don't tell me it's not my fault!"

Now i get it.

"Niall it's not your fault." I slowly raised my hands to to calm him.

He started to breath heavily. In no rhythm specifically. Just frantically gasping for air. It started out not too noticeable but grew with every second.

"Niall it's not your fault. It is not. Your. Fault." I needed to get the message across. He can't believe this was all his fault.

"DONT TELL ME ITS NOT MY FAULT!" He stood up backing up against the wall. This was a fight i was not going to lose.

"It's not your fault Niall!" At this point i knew my family was at the door listening but i didn't care.

"It's all my fault! This is all my fault! My mom dying! My dad beating me so much that I've wanted to die since i was 7 it's my fault! ITS MY FAULT LOUIS!" He sobbed. It racked over his body. You could really see the damage that was done to him just about now.

"ITS NOT YOUR FAULT NIALL! That was him! It's his fault not yours!" You would think we were fighting with this volume but we both were just so passionate.