A Team

~~~Louis point of view~~~

The rest of the day passed that way. People stared. They stared a lot. The boys helped me hide Niall from anyone that would approach him.

No one was able to get past all of us surrounding him. I was stuck by his side the entire day. There basically wasn't a second I wasn't trying to get his attention away from the stares.

Even when we stood in the hall for a few minutes at his locker, the boys would come running over and surround the locker causally with me. Even Shawn would leave his smart friends to help distract Niall.

We made normal conversation not daring bring up the stares. Niall went along with it. Though he faltered a little every now and then.

We almost made it through the day. God how I hate the word almost.

We got to psychology and this class brought back a lot of memories. If it wasn't for this class me and Niall would have never gotten close. I really should thank the teacher one day.

We sat in our seats. Well I took the seat next to Niall kicking the person that usually sits there to the back of the room. Not that he would say anything.

The teacher walked in glancing around the room slowly and his eyes landed on Niall. I just sighed already getting a bad feeling. Here we go again.

I cleared my throat connecting my desk to Nialls and putting my arm around his shoulder. I didn't pay much attention to the teacher since I knew he wouldn't be against it. Niall held my hand that was over his shoulder right away.

The entire class stared at us silently and I looked over at Liam who was smiling "just so smooth" he said loud enough for everyone to hear.

Me and Niall started to laugh at him and the teachers daze was taken from us going back into focus.

He went to the board and erased his lesson plan sitting on his desk. He was young so had a little bit of an unprofessional flair to him.

I held onto Niall a little tighter hoping that he won't do what I think he's going to do.

After a few moments of silence he sighed and spoke up with one single word "abuse"

Me and Niall's eyes went wide "you have to be fucking kidding me right?" I said exasperated. Who the hell would just bring that up? Who does he think he is?!?

"Louis language. Let me explain." He stood up looking over the class again. I huffed looking down at Niall who was staring down at his desk now.

I took his chair and pulled it closer to mine protectively holding him closer. The class started to whisper staring at us.

"This is a psychology class and it's in the curriculum. I think now would be a good time to go over it since it seems to be on a lot of people's minds. The talk of the school as they say. That is of course if it's ok with Niall." The teacher finished and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"No are you kidding? You must be-" I was cut off by a sigh coming from Niall. He just shook his head.

"Just- go ahead." He didn't look at the board but stared at the desk.

"Are you sure Niall...?" I said more quietly. He just nodded his head.

"It's going to happen eventually..." he trailed off squeezing my hand. I stared at him for any sign of disagreement but sighed when I saw his mind was set.

He seemed to be in the mindset of get everything over with. When it came to coming to school today, everyone knowing, and now this dumb ass lesson I know he just want to get everything done today while he still had the motivation.