It takes time to fix

~~~Louis point of view~~~

I woke up the next morning and my eyes were sore before I even opened them. I was confused for a second before it all hit me like I truck.

I sighed heavily rubbing my face. It was only 7am. An ungodly time to be awake when we definitely aren't going to school.

We haven't been to school in more than 2 weeks now and we are not starting today.

Thank god for my mothers excuses.

I sat up and looked at sleeping Niall in my lap. The light coming through the windows reflected off of his skin like it usually did in the morning.

The bandages held up nicely but some spots were a little red. My heart twisted a little as I ran my hand over the bandages.

How the hell did we get here?

I laid there next to him for a while. I just stared at him and went over the events of last night.

All the way from the statement to his asshole of a father to the way it ended. Well the way it almost ended.

If he had killed himself I don't know what I would have done.

He kept saying he couldn't do it. He got pretty damn close but I know and he knew that those cuts would not be fatal.

I heard a very light knock at the door and I carefully got out of bed. It was 8:30 now. I zoned out longer than I thought.

I guess the boys skipped school as well.

I know Niall would need a little longer. Usually after he has some sort of break he sleeps for a long time. He needs to recharge.

I slipped on a new pair of clothes and existed the room quietly. I was met with 4 pairs of worried eyes.

"Hey guys. No school today eh?" I started to walk towards the kitchen and plopped on the couch. I held a casual tone.

"Yeah. We couldn't bring ourselves to." Liam said rubbing the back of his head. I just nodded at them and stared out of the window.

"How do you think he's going to act?" Zayn asked carefully. I know they are trying to be soft about this but we can't be. It won't take away from the fact Niall tried to commit suicide yesterday. Nothing will ever take away from that.

I rubbed my sore eyes again and shrugged. "It could go either way. He was so sure he couldn't do it he could maybe see it as a good thing he's alive. More likely he will be sad. Just because he didn't kill him self doesn't mean he didn't want to and might still want to"

The boys all looked taken back by my brutal honestly. My emotions were just not in line right now. Nothing was right.

"I'm sure it will be ok" Harry said quietly.

"Oh would you shut the fuck up with that 'everything's fine' crap! Obviously it's not ok. He was going to DIE Harry. What's ok with that?!!? Dumbass!"I put my face in my hands and aggressively rubbed my face.

When I looked back up I saw that I messed up quickly. Everyone was looking at me shocked and Harry just held his head down staring at the floor.