Chapter 37 - Pimped

Rylee and I sat together for the next couple of hours, listening to the footsteps upstairs and trying to see if there was any pattern we could pick out. There was never a time that the men in front of the basement door moved, unless thee was someone there already to relieve them. We sat there for what seemed like years before there was any pocket of silence upstairs.

"This might be the time," I whispered to her. "If we could just figure out why-" The door slammed open. I jumped, but the other girls just stayed as they were before. None of them drawing attention to themselves.

"Roseilin," my blood turned to ice hearing Newman's voice. I stayed where I was, hidden by only a few girls who didn't know I was behind them. My hands started to shake and I avoided making eye contact with Rylee.

"Go," I whispered to her. "Don't let him see you next to me." She scuttled off as the other girls moved, and Newman came into my eye sight. He looked a little worse for wear, but I didn't care. I understood why he wanted revenge on my father, but I found it hard to be sympathetic when I was sitting in a basement full of girls that he pimped.

"Well, if it isn't my darling dear," he said as he stood over me. I stood up, using the wall to fake confidence as I cowered against it.

"I'm not your darling anything," I spit at him. His eyes hardened, but only for a moment before going back to being amused. I leaned in, his lips brushing against my ear as he spoke.

"I cannot wait to fuck that attitude out of you before you are begging for me," chills ran down my spine again, but I didn't let him know. Instead, I glared into his eyes as he took his face away from my neck, letting me breathe again before grabbing me by the arm and shoving me in front of him.

"Thank you as always, girls," he said to everyone else. I looked through the faces, barely able to make out Rylee's with the glare of the light coming from up the stairs. Soon I was pushed through the door and into the hallway. I looked to my left, trying to see the way out that I thought from before, but I was pushed the other way, into an open living room.

"Take a seat," he said, shoving me so hard that I fell on the floor. Memories of the first time we met this way came flooding back. My jaw started throbbing as I tried to get off my hands and knees, but I saw from the corner of my eye Zach standing there. I decided where I was sitting was the only place I was allowed.

"You know, I thought what you did was really heart warming. Saving your family, even the new one, by giving up yourself," Newman smiled as he sat down. The sight made me want to puke. "I almost want to think that you began to miss me."

"Humoring yourself much?" I spat.

"I'm glad to see that fire is still there. Maybe I should be the one to break you," I could feel the tears wanting to come through my eyes, but I held my glare instead. No one, especially not him deserve to see me cry. "There's something emigrating about the new ones. Normally I don't do the dirty work," he leaned forward. "but for you I would make an acceptation."

"If you need a hand, boss, just let me know," Zach said. Newman's smirk turned even deeper, looking me dead in the eyes like he was searching for the fear that he wanted. I wasn't going to give it to him. I wasn't going to let my body accept him.

"Zach, why don't you take her up to my room? I'll be up there in a few minutes. The least I can do is freshen up. Feel free to loosen her up for me," I stood up, knocking away the hand that Zach tried to put around my arm. He moved his hand to my back instead, pushing with his gun but I walked on my own. No weakness. I would show nothing.

"Roseilin, you are safe now," the officer told me. I was wrapped in a blanket sitting in the back of an ambulance. I stared at the ground, even when the officer tried to get my attention. "We are on the way to the hospital. This is the hard part, they are going to have to run tests on you, but after that you can get changed into some clean clothes and we can get you comfortable."

I wanted to laugh at her words. This was going to be the worst part? Did she not understand what had happened? Hadn't she been the one to tell me what happened when I was drugged. She stitched the pieces together in my brain. Before, a cloud was over my mind, but now that the facts were told to me I knew they were true. The film was lifted and I remembered it all.

"You don't have to be strong through this, honey. We are here for you." She didn't understand. No one was going to see my weakness. No one would see the heart that was broken and hanging around my ribs in ribbons. No one was going to see the scars that were never going to heel. I would show nothing.

The door slammed behind Zach and I, the absolution of the sound resonating in my ears. I was having a hard time controlling my emotions, my face falling for a second. I kept my back to him in the fear that I would show something. Before me was a canopy bed that looked comfortable, but I knew what it was going to do for me. It was going to allow them to lock me in whatever position was most convenient for them.

Just then I felt Zach behind me, his hot breath flowing down my neck and disappearing down my shit. He gripped my waist and I could feel his gun poking into my side, reminding me that I had no control.

"Shut up and don't say a word," I heard him say.

"Likely," I spit back at him, trying to push him off, but his grip on me was too hard.

"Now I know what Marcus likes so much about you. I never thought he would tell me to break cover over a woman, not after what his ex did," he said. I tensed, his words no longer as harsh as they had been. What did he mean? How did he know Marcus? What did he mean 'break his cover'?

"What-"

"Don't. It isn't time yet. There are cameras in this room, so keep that 'I want to kill you' look on your face." Zach let go of me, pushing me around and onto the bed. He climbed up on top of me. "Once you're back downstairs, listen to the footsteps. When you can count to 15 and there isn't a sound, go upstairs. You're going to take a right, when you get to the living room you're going to turn left, go through the pool room, and out the back door. You are going to run until you can't run anymore."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, referring to his face in my neck. Even though I knew that his hands holding mine above my head were fake, I couldn't help but feel the usual panic rising in my chest.

"Marcus told me to save you," he said.

"Rylee, I'm taking her with me."

"At your own risk. I promise I would give you a way out. I can't follow you until later." We heard footsteps outside the door. Zach looked down at me with sympathy for a second. "I can't save you from this," he told me. I nodded my head, understanding as he yanked me off the bed and I front of him, presenting me to Newman.

"I trust that we had some fun?" he said as he entered the room.

"She's all yours, for now," Zach's voice was back to it's former harshness. He shoved me forward and into Newman. My blood turned to ice as he caught me, smiling at Zach and shutting the door. I stood there, looking at Newman.

"Now," Newman said, stepping towards me. This time, I couldn't keep my fear from showing. I didn't care that I would be free later. I was here, now, and I had no where to run. "this is going to be fun."

I knew that it wasn't a good idea. I knew that it was going to make everything worse, but my body didn't care. My arm shot out, striking Newman in the face. I stepped back, then turn and ran to the window, seeking any point that would open it, running my hands along the entire surface. Nothing was giving.

"Wrong move, Roseilin," I screamed as I felt his hands on me. He had never shown his full strength before, but now I found that I couldn't escape from it. I banged on the window, wondering who was screaming so much. Wondering why they were screaming. I yearned to help them, but I felt trapped. I couldn't feel anything. I could only see my hand on the window, a window that looked over woods.

No, you were the one screaming, Roseilin. He was in you, and you were just letting it happen. I don't care how strong he is. You're stronger. You're strong, Roseilin, you're stronger. I pushed back with my hips, throwing Newman back as I ran to the door. I yanked it open to see Zach standing there. He looked at me with a mixture of horror and and emotionless void. I saw his apology as Newman grabbed me again, slamming the door closed with any hope I had left.

N/A  I was actually crying writing this. Trying to find the words to describe something like this seemed so impossible of a task.

Thanks for reading guys <3 :)