Chapter 2 - Surprise Dates

Lexi knocked on the door of the apartment her sister had given her the address for. They hadn't got much time to catch up last night in the bar. After Lexi had recruited Jay, they had joined Shay, Kelly, Gabriela and Matt at their table, swapping stories and drinking.

Lexi knocked again after her initial knock went unanswered. She raised her hand to knock again, ready to do her Chicago PD knock when the door opened revealing a shirtless Kelly Severide. He wore a pair of grey sweat pants and a smile as soon as he realised it was her "Morning" he greeted, holding the door open and motioning for her to go inside.

Lexi smiled "Morning", she walked in to the apartment and looked around, "wow nice place"

"Thanks. Coffee?" he offered walking in to the kitchen.

Following him, Lexi declined "No thanks. I'm here to pick up Shay, I'm taking her for breakfast"

Kelly chuckled "she's not here, after you left last night she hooked up with some girl and disappeared"

Lexi shook her head, typical Shay behaviour. "Ok, thanks, I'll get out of your way" Lexi turned to walk out of the kitchen.

"What's the rush?" Kelly asked "I've got coffee and bagels right here" he flashed her his white teeth in a cheeky smile.

"Thanks, but I'm good"

"Come on," he walked around the breakfast bar that separated them "I make a damn good bacon and egg bagel"

Lexi eyed him a little suspiciously, he was too much of a player for her liking, you could tell the way he carried himself. "I can tell your going to be trouble Severide" Lexi told him, walking around him to start making coffee.

Lexi made them both a coffee whilst Kelly fried up some bacon. Lexi sat at the breakfast bar with her coffee and admired the view. Kelly had a good physique, he clearly took care of himself.

Kelly turned with the hot pan in his hand and placed some bacon on a plate in front of Lexi to drain off some of the grease before putting it on the bagels. Lexi reached over snatching a piece of crispy bacon and Kelly smacked her hand with the spatula he had been using.

Lexi broke a piece of the bacon off "You know that's assault of a police officer" she popped the bacon in to her mouth.

"You can cuff me anytime you like" he smirked at her, his eyes twinkled, and she swore she saw him flex his arms a little.

Lexi rolled her eyes, like she had never heard that one before "oh my god, do them cheesy lines and that smile actually work?"

"Obviously not"

"I know your kind" she told his back as he turned to the stove to get the eggs.

"My kind?"

"Yeah cocky, self-assured, arrogant, knows he's good looking, too charming for his own good" Lexi explained as he placed the eggs on the waiting bagels.

"You think I'm good looking?"

"See out of everything I said that's all you heard"

Kelly laughed, he liked this girl, she called him on his bullshit and wasn't scared to tell him straight "Your wrong about me"

"I don't think I am" she accepted the plate with her bagel on that he offered as he walked around the bar to sit beside her.

Sitting on his stool he swung it round so he was facing her. "Let me prove it, let me take you out"

"No thanks" she took a bite of her breakfast. He had been right, he made a good bagel it was delicious.

"Why not? Your single right?" she nodded in answer to his question unable to answer with a mouthful of food "You're not with that Jay guy?"

Lexi swallowed and took a sip of her coffee "That Jay guy is my partner and no we're strictly professional, but it doesn't matter I don't date Shay's friends."