Chapter 15 - Threats

Lexi hadn't found what she was looking for after reading through the files on the investigation of Trent Lamont, but she knew she was right, her gut was right. She needed more information.

Lexi had given Platt the box back containing all the paperwork, collected what she needed from her car then went back to the Intelligence Unit.

Voight was stood at Atwater's desk looking over his shoulder at his computer. Burgess and Ruzek were busy typing away, Jay was finishing on the phone and Olinsky was getting coffee.

Burgess was the first to notice Lexi, standing in the middle of the room looking nervous, holding a small brown envelope. "Lexi, you okay?"

Lexi took a deep breath and shook her head, no, nothing was okay. Voight approached her. "What's going on?" Lexi walked to her desk and sat on the edge, Voight watched her and called for Olinsky to join them on the main floor as Jay put his phone down.

Lexi took out the photograph that had been in the brown envelope, she held it up for everyone to see, it was a picture of Shay and Lexi outside Molly's a few days before Shay's death. It was clearly a surveillance photo; they hadn't been aware it was being taken. "I found this on my windshield a few hours ago"

Voight snatched it from her and read the message on the back aloud. "I lost my freedom and my brother because of you. He took your sister. It was meant for you. We're not close to being done. See you shortly"

"What the hell" Jay asked standing and taking the photo from Voight and reading it for himself.

"That's a threat" Voight began going in to Detective mode, "you need to tell us everything. Where was your car parked?"

"It was outside Severide's apartment"

"How long had it been there?" Olinsky enquired.

"Forty minutes" Lexi shrugged "an hour tops"

"You recognise the hand writing?" Ruzek joined the interrogation.

"No, but the phrase 'see you shortly', it was always something Calvin Poe would say." Lexi advised.

Jay looked up from the photo at her "from the E.S.C?" Lexi nodded, Calvin was a part of the crew Lexi and Jay had taken down when they first met. "He's in prison, we put him away like 6 years ago" Jay reminder her.

Lexi nodded agreeing with him "I made some calls, he was let out for good behaviour three months ago"

"If it was left on your car, that means they've been watching you" Burgess concluded "following you"

"Right Atwater get on the phone" Voight commanded "I want you to find an address for Calvin Poe. Burgess, Ruzek, I wanna know every friend he's ever had, visitors in prison, cells mates, what he had for breakfast everything! Olinsky and I will look in to Trent Lamont, his family, find the connection to Calvin. Jay, she goes nowhere alone!" Voight told him looking him dead in the eye and pointing at Lexi.

Jay nodded "Understood."

Lexi gave Hank a weak smile, she was grateful for him taking control, putting a plan in motion. Everyone set about their given tasks. "Voight" Lexi began standing and walking to him as he passed her to go to his office "I need the fire reports from 51. There were only partials in the file downstairs"

Voight nodded. "Take Jay be on your guard. Keep me posted"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay drove the car to Firehouse 51, Lexi riding shotgun staring out the window, deep in thought. "If I'm right about this..." Lexi began looking down at her hands in her lap, fidgeting with her fingers. "Shay's death was my fault"