Chapter 30 - Interrogations

Gabby entered Lexi's apartment to see Lexi sat on the sofa beside Jay her head resting on his shoulder, Will was sitting on the arm chair all watching a loud action movie on the tv, all to engrossed to notice her presence. "Hey" Gabby called out to get their attention.

Lexi psychically jumped at the sound and yelped as the sudden movement pulled her stitches. Jay quickly sat forward and turned to look at her, Will sprang from his chair and was on his knees beside her on the sofa. "I'm okay, I'm okay" Lexi said breathlessly holding her side as Gabby appeared at the side of the couch.

"Let me see" Will demanded motioning for Lexi to lift her shirt. Lexi moved her hand and lifted her shirt allowing Will to inspect her stitches. "It's not bleeding"

"I told you I'm okay" Lexi confirmed

"No, you're not" Jay said looking at her face, small sweat beads had broken out on her forehead and she was visibly panting.

Will had gone against his better judgement and allowed Lexi to convince him she was well enough to get out of bed. "I knew it was too soon for you to be out of bed" Will advised standing up, "come on, back to bed"

Jay stood up and both he and Will held their hands out for Lexi to help her off the sofa. Jay helped Lexi walk slowly back to her bed. Gabby and Will followed entering the room as Jay aided Lexi in to a sitting position in her bed, pulling the covers over her legs.

"Are you okay?" Will asked looking at Lexi, she nodded but didn't speak. "You got this?" Will asked looking at Gabby, "I need to get to work"

"Yeah, of course, go" Gabby confirmed.

"She needs more pills in half hour" Will advised looking at his watch before saying goodbye and leaving Lexi in the capable hands of the others.

"Do you need anything?" Jay asked sitting on the bed beside Lexi.

She shook her head, "No, Jay please I'm okay" Lexi sighed and put her head against the headboard behind her. "Like Will said I've just over done it a little, I shouldn't have got out of bed"

"No, you shouldn't have" Gabby scolded her "you should sleep, you need to rest"

------------------------------------------------------------

Lexi woke a few hours later in her bed, Jay sleeping beside her. She took a deep breath, she felt better, she had overdone it earlier. Jay stirred and opened his eyes to find her looking at him. "Hey" he whispered in the moonlit room.

"Hi" Lexi smiled at him

"You okay?"

"Yeah" Lexi assured him nodding, she was getting tired of being asked that question. She knew everyone was worried and just trying to help but it was getting old and fast.

"You sure? I can go get Gabby, she's sleeping on the couch again"

"I'm fine" Lexi told him softly "I promise, I just get uncomfortable lying on my back" she explained "and it hurts to turn over to lie on my good side"

"You wanna sit up for a while?" Jay asked sitting up in the bed and switching on the lamp on the night stand beside him.

"Yeah" Lexi said as Jay climbed out bed and walked around to her side to help her sit up. Jay leant around her and put some pillow behind her, making sure they were plumped up, Lexi put her hand on the side of his face making him stop and look at her. She kissed him tenderly and slowly.

"What was that for?" Jay asked smiling coming out of the kiss.

"Because I love you"

"I love you too" he kissed her softly again before walking back around the bed and getting under the covers. Jay laid his head on her lap, and she drew imaginary circles on his bare shoulder with her finger. Jay broke the silence after a few minutes. "You wanna talk about it?"