Chapter 14 - Final Goodbyes.

Author Note: Hey, not sure if anyone is actually reading this. Be nice to have some feedback if you are :). 

------------------------

Lexi stepped out of the elevator inhaled through her nose and exhaled slowly out of her mouth. She took a left, walked past 3 doors before taking a right. Kelly's apartment was at the end of the corridor, she turned the corner to see a half-naked Kelly in a lip lock with a petite blonde, wearing a deep pink, sparkly cocktail dress.

Lexi stopped in her tracks, hot white anger coursed through her. She balled her fists at her side, she wanted to rip the blonde's hair from her head, she wanted to break every finger of her hands that were resting on Kelly's abs, she wanted to smash her face in to the wall and break all her teeth.

"Call me" the blonde whispered coming out of the kiss.

Kelly looked up seeing Lexi staring at them. "Yeah sure" he replied not looking at her as she walked away. Lexi stepped to the side putting her back flat to the wall, so the blonde could pass. The blonde looked her up and down as she passed but didn't make a comment. "Lex, I'm sorry" Kelly pointed to corner the blonde had just disappeared behind. "I didn't know you were coming"

Lexi walked towards him. "It's fine. I should have called first"

Kelly took her left hand and turned it over to look at her palm, "it's fine? Really?" he asked looking at the red imprints in her palm where she had dug her nails in to control her fury.

Lexi snatched her hand back. "I came to talk, so there's no more fights and no more back and forth"

Kelly stepped back from the door "I guess you had better come in" Lexi walked past him in to his apartment. It was a nice apartment, open plan, spacious. It was strange to see Kelly's belongings in this alien place. "Coffee?"

"Please" Lexi walked to the breakfast bar and stood at the end looking around the loft. Kelly stood by the coffee machine, arms folded over his chest, watching her. "Can you go put some clothes on?" She asked meeting his gaze, he had on boxer shorts and nothing else.

"Nothing you haven't seen before"

"Kelly" Lexi warned taking off her jacket and throwing it over a bar stool.

"Fine, fine" he said holding his hands up and starting for the bedroom. "You finish the coffee."

Lexi obliged and poured them both a cup of coffee. She went to his fridge to get the cream and added a splash to her cup, leaving his black as he liked it, stirring the liquid daydreaming.

"Thanks" Kelly said reaching around her to get his mug brushing her stomach with his hand and arm Lexi stepped back out of his way. Kelly leant on the counter behind him a small smirk on his lips at her pulling away from him, she didn't trust herself around him, he could tell.

Lexi leant on the breakfast bar behind her, directly opposite Kelly. He hadn't exactly got dressed, he had put on a pair of sweat pants. Lexi hugging her mug in her hands, made a mental note to keep focus on his face. "So, talk." Lexi told him "I'm here, it's what you wanted, so talk."

"Okay" Kelly put his coffee mug on the counter top beside him. "All the times I asked you about Halstead, if you had feelings for him, you denied it every time, was it all lies?"

Lexi became a little uncomfortable, she didn't want to discuss Jay with Kelly, it was none of his business. "No" she said but knew it was partly a lie "maybe, I don't know" She realised it was going to be a long conversation. Lexi put her coffee down and pulled herself up on to the counter top. "Regardless, nothing ever happened between me and him, until after the..." she trailed off she didn't want to tell him they had kissed on the night of the funeral, but she had already said too much.