Chapter 26 - Positive or Negative?

Jay sat at a table in Molly's with Adam, Kevin and Will. The bar had been busy, the Chicago Cubs had played a game that had finished an hour ago, so the crowd was beginning to dissipate. "Your round buddy" Adam said slapping Jay on the back.

Jay finished the last of his own beer and walked to the bar. "Hey beautiful" He said to Lexi as she walked to serve him on the other side of the bar.

"Hey handsome, another round?"

"Yes please" he leant on the bar and watched her begin to pour the drinks. "What time do you get off?"

Lexi looked up at the clock "Thirty minutes" she told him placing two beers on a tray in front of him.

"Wanna join us for a drink?" he asked as she placed the other two beers on the tray for him.

"Thanks, but I have a hot date with my bed!" Lexi grinned as she took Jay's money.

Jay took the drinks to the table and dished them out, taking his seat again he watched Lexi as she served the next customer. He laughed watching her try to stifle a yawn pouring a gin and tonic.

He took his phone from his pocket and sent her a message.

Jay: Late night last night? *yawning face emoji* x

Jay pressed send and watched her take her phone from her pocket, she smiled as he watched her type her reply.

Lexi pressed send and looked over at Jay, winking at him when she made eye contact. He looked down at his phone and read her reply.

Lexi: It was girls' night, I danced, I drank, and I got arrested! *winky face emoji* x

Jay gazed up at her, smiling his boyish grin. He watched Gabby approach Lexi, they had a short conversation ending with Lexi kissing Gabby on the cheek, then she began typing on her phone again.

Lexi: Bonus! Let out of school early! *fist bump emoji* x

Jay read the message and looked up to find Lexi gone.

Jay: Need me to come tuck you in?

Jay watched his screen for the tell-tale speech bubble to tell him she was typing a reply, but nothing appeared. He locked his phone and put it on the table, ready to engage in the conversation the boys were having about the game they had just watched.

Jay's phone chimed alerting him to a new message, but Adam grabbed it before Jay could. "Should have guessed" Adam said reading Lexi's name on the screen. "What's your passcode?"

Jay laughed "not a chance" drinking his beer a little smugly, Adam was never getting access to his phone.

"Try four, four, eight, eight" Will suggested. Jay's smile dropped, and he immediately tried grabbing for his phone, only to be stopped by Will grabbing his arms.

Adam input the suggested code and clicked on the unread message "DAMN!" he exclaimed, his eyes wide looking at the screen. "Man, you need to get your ass upstairs" Adam told him handing him his phone back.

Jay checked the screen to see a selfie of Lexi, sat on her bed, a slight peep of the purple lace bra she wore. The caption read 'Lock the door on your way up'. "Night guys" Jay said taking one last sip of his beer, grabbing his jacket he walked towards Lexi's apartment door.

"Go get her tiger" Adam called after Jay laughing.

----------------------------------------------------------