Chapter 25 - Friends With Benefits

Jay stood in the kitchen of the Intelligence Unit, making himself a coffee, he poured some sugar in to his cup and then turned leaning on the counter whilst yawning. The yawn made him smile, he was tired for a very good reason. He took his phone from his pocket and sent a message to Lexi.

Jay: *yawning face emoji* So tired. If I fall asleep at my desk, I'm telling Voight it's your fault!

It wasn't the message he wanted to send. He wanted to ask where she had disappeared to? They had gone back to his place after the club and spent the night together, he had woken up to find her gone. He decided that was a conversation he wanted to have face to face.

Lexi: What did I do? *shocked face emoji*

Jay replied as he walked slowly back to his desk.

Jay: You kept me UP, all night.

Lexi: Want me to let you sleep next time? *winky face emoji*

Jay: Next time?

Lexi: Well I still owe you for not making my arrest official, right?

Jay: That's right you do.

Lexi: Just tell me what I have to do to pay you back *winky face emoji*

Jay: it's kind of hard to explain. But I'd be happy to demonstrate.

Jay looked up at the sound of footsteps ascending the stairs, to see Trudy walking up followed by Lexi who smirked at him.

"Hey gang, look who I found wondering around" Trudy announced getting to the top of the stairs.

Kim, Adam, Jay and Kevin stood and hugged Lexi in turn before returning to their desks. Antonio was on the phone Lexi walked to him and fist bumped him. Olinsky and Voight were in Voight's office with the door closed. Trudy announced she had to get back to the desk hugging Lexi before walking away.

"So, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Adam asked leaning back in his chair.

"Not a social visit, I'm here to pick up Hank" Lexi explained looking through the window and waving at Voight to let him know she was there. He held up a finger to tell her to give him a minute.

"Meeting your Chameleon friend?" Adam enquired, Lexi nodded, "maybe he knows what rock Calvin has crawled under." Calvin hadn't surfaced since he had attacked Kelly.

"Again, the Chameleon is neither he nor a she" Burgess reminded him. Lexi chuckled at her.

"Coffee?" Jay offered standing up and looking at Lexi, he wanted to get her alone.

"Didn't you just make one?" Adam pointed out giving Jay a mischievous smile.

"I'll take one" Burgess announced holding up her empty mug smiling sweetly.

"Me two" Kevin added doing the same.

"Me three if your making one buddy" Adam grinned as Jay collected the empty mugs from his colleagues before following Lexi to the kitchen.

Jay lined up the mugs on the counter as Lexi took the cream from the fridge and placed it beside the mugs. "I missed you this morning" Jay told her quietly turning his back to the door shielding themselves from their nosey colleagues. "I woke up and you were gone"

Lexi stood in front of him. "I didn't wanna outstay my welcome, I figured it was a one-night kind of thing."

Jay put his arms over his chest as if he was trying to shield his body from her "I feel so used!" Jay joked pretending to look shocked "I feel like a piece of meat, used for my body! I have a mind too you know" They both laughed whole heartedly. "Seriously, you could never outstay your welcome!"