Chapter 3 - Flirting & Jealousy

A few months later.

"I don't like it!" Kelly told Lexi who was sat in the passenger seat of his car outside Molly's. He had picked Lexi up from the precinct and drove them to Molly's. They were in the middle of a heated discussion so decided to wait before they went inside. "I saw the way he was smiling at you on scene today and I don't like"

"So what people can't smile at me now?" Lexi huffed "Kelly, he's my partner and friend, nothing more. I don't know how many times I need to tell you that!"

"Have you told him that?" Kelly wasn't shouting but his voice was raised above his usual volume and Lexi knew he was reaching boiling point.

"Yes! Jay is fully aware" Lexi got out of the car, she needed a drink and out of this argument.

Kelly followed her lead and got out of the car, jogging a little to catch up with her as she marched towards Molly's. "Well I don't think he got the message!"

"I'm tired of this fight Kelly. It's the same thing all the time" Lexi stopped outside Molly's door and turned to speak to Kelly. "Either deal with the fact Jay is my partner, that he's going to be around, in my life, or don't deal with it and walk away."

Kelly walked around her and in to Molly's without responding.

--------------------------------

A few hours later Lexi sat at the bar with Shay beside her and Gabby stood behind the bar, serving customers and talking to them when she could. Lexi glanced over at Kelly at the other end of the bar.

Kelly stood with Cruz, Otis and three random women, flirting and drinking. The red head stood closest to Kelly, kept smiling, leaning in to him, touching his arm as she spoke. Kelly caught Lexi watching and gave the red head his best charming smile and put his hand on her waist.

Lexi had seen enough she looked away "Gabby, can I get a shot of tequila?" she asked.

"You two had a fight?" Shay asked as Gabby obliged and began pouring the shot.

Lexi nodded taking the shot and knocking it back. "How'd you guess?"

"You know he's only doing it to make you jealous" Gabby advised looking at Kelly. The red head had moved closer to him so was blocking the view of Kelly's face, but Gabby could tell he was doing his most dashing smile and he still had his hand on her waist.

"Yeah well it's working" Lexi groaned.

"I'm going to go talk to him" Shay began climbing off her stool.

"No, no" Lexi told her pulling her arm to stop her. "Let him do what he wants, I think it's his way of telling me it's over, but I'm not going..." Lexi's phone ringing distracted her seeing Jay's name on the caller I.D. "What's up partner?" Lexi answered tapping Shay's bar stool to tell her to sit back down.

"Lex thank god; I need your help" Jay spoke quickly. Lexi laughed, she knew he was on a date tonight, he must have wanted rescuing. "I called Adam, but he just laughed, you have to come save me"

Lexi chuckled. "It really that bad?"

"Yes, I'm hiding in the bathroom! I'd climb out the window if it were big enough!"

"Tell me where you are?" Jay gave her the name of the bar and told her to hurry "Just go back to the table. I'll get a cab and be there in like 20 minutes" Lexi hung up the phone and stood from her chair, she kissed Shay's cheek and put on her coat. "I'll see you at home later"