Chapter Twenty-One

"Fine." he kept his head low and led me over to the bed.

My heart was beating extremely fast. I was beyond anxious. I was nervous and scared. I never thought I'd get the truth at least not like this, but I'm truly going to find out what he's been keeping from me since day one.

"Jimin... please don't hold anything back. I really want you to finally open up to me." I could feel my hands trembling a bit.

"Will you stay if I do? You won't leave me? Ever?" he raised his head and our eyes met. I can see how scared he seemed himself.

"I promise... as long as you don't lie to me again." I gave a small smile and slightly gripped at his hand to reassure him.

"Okay... " he seemed nervous. He continued to fidget with my fingers for a little while, "I'm not sure where to even start." he seemed confused, like he was trying to pick exactly what to talk about first. They must have had a long history...

I myself began to play with his hands, "Jimin... start wherever you see fit." he looked up to me and I smiled.

I noticed he straightened his posture as he spoke, "Her name was Chae and we were each other's first loves..." my heart tightened a bit upon hearing the pain in his voice.

"We met each other about 20 years ago. It's still painful for me. I know It seems like a really long time, but for my her death is still kind of fresh." Jimin could only stare at me. "I was always so hesitant with you because I felt I couldn't love again... that I didn't deserve to love another human being again." he gulped hard.

"Chae was almost the complete opposite of you, in a sense that she wasn't so shy. She was very talkative, she was more like an open book... she didn't mind spilling her heart out to people. Her jokes were corny but her smile after telling them was extremely contagious. She was tall, beautiful, and smart. She was my ideal type, she was perfect." hearing him say all of those things only made me somehow feel worse. She sounds amazing... she really does seem like my complete opposite.

He brought his hand up to slightly encompass my face, "Don't get me wrong Hana, you have a smile that could brighten anyone's day... your short exterior is more than adorable. You're so smart and so beautiful too... somehow that night when I saved you and I saw you smile for the first time- for some reason my heart fluttered. I didn't know why and at that time I had no idea that you and Chae had any correlation. It honestly caught me off guard. I thought only Chae could get a reaction like that out of me, but I was so wrong." his smile was small.

"You really admired her, didn't you?" I kept my head low as I slowly brought his hand back down.

"More than anything. She was so strong, so bold." he chuckled, "I had only known her for a few weeks before we started dating, but I can admit I caught feelings for her fast. She was just so different from everyone else." I stared at his expressions as his face lit up just talking about it.

This was hurting me more than I thought it would. I could feel my heart pounding, enough to make it feel like it was going to burst out of my chest. I even started to feel a bit queasy. Could Jimin say all these things about me?

"Unfortunately, the timing of our meeting was I'll-fated. I was working with Jinyoung... and I was in too deep.".

I couldn't help but to stare in disbelief... "You and Jinyoung were friends?" this was shocking...

"Honestly the best of buddies. We were always together. He was my childhood friend after all. We were both born as vampires and we just naturally had so much in common. how could we not be friends?" the small smile he showed on his face slowly disappeared as he began rubbing his hands together.