Chapter Thirty-Three

J U N G K O O K  P O V

"Hyung... what's going on?" I sat down at the table. I couldn't stop fidgeting my legs as I sat thinking back on what happened today.

"Kookie... Hana and I should have told you the exact reason why she's here in the first place." He replied, resting his face in his palms.

"See- Hana is here because she had broken up with Jimin. She needed a place to stay, a place to clear her head. Her relationship was toxic and wasn't necessarily good for her health." he sighed as he was fidgeting with his own hands.

"That guy is her boyfriend?" I asked growing agitated with our situation. I kissed her, but she let me. Am I wrong for what I did? Did I make a mistake?

"He was, but I know she still cares for him deeply. I'm sure he was her first true love." he turned his head, catching my eyes.

"Jungkook... I really should have told you. I sat back and watched you fall in love with her. I was irresponsible. Dude, I'm sorry." Jin's eyes saddened and his expression softened.

Both my heart and head were confused. Sure I'm angry, but I feel broken more than anything. I feel like I was the only one falling for the other. I feel like I was taken advantage of. That maybe she was just lost and hurt and she just needed a shoulder to cry on.

I could feel my eyes beginning to sting. I've never had the urge to cry over a girl before. I've never paid attention to any girl the way I have to Hana before. I especially wouldn't have thought I'd cry because my first love didn't work out.

Everything felt so right. It felt like things were finally going my way. That my life was beginning to look up for once.

I sat at the table lost in thought... I-I'm so dumb. I shouldn't have kissed her. I shouldn't have fallen for her. I put myself in such a shitty situation. Either way I look at it, she's gonna leave to go back. Her first love? There's no point in competing with that. I scoffed to myself.

"Hyung... how could you? You're supposed to look out for me. Your job is to protect me and keep me from harm." I shot myself up from the table, clenching my fists. I tried to keep myself composed, but I couldn't hold my emotions back anymore.

"Kookie..." he slowly walked over to me and embraced me gently, "I'm really sorry, but what exactly was I supposed to protect you from? Hana is harmless." he really didn't get it?

"You don't get it hyung. You were supposed to protect me from pain, the pain I'm going through right now." I hugged him back as I sobbed into his shoulder.

This hurts, it hurts so bad. I know it's only been 3 months, but I really liked her. I cared for her, I put myself in a position where I'd protect her from anything and everything.

As he embraced me I continued to cry. All I can think about is her and her smile. Her expressions; the pouty ones, the cute ones. That's all I can see as my eyes remained closed, crying into Jin's arms.

"Kookie, you'll get through this. I promise you." he patted my back.

Will I? Maybe I'm being too dramatic? Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit. I could've found myself a place in her heart. The way she smiles at me, there's no way she doesn't feel anything. Right?

"Do I really have to let her go? What if I don't want to?" I retorted, my voice cracking.

"That's up to you, I can't make that decision for you. I genuinely should've intervened sooner, but you both looked so happy. For you, that's the first time I've seen you smile every day since the accident. From the time you're awake to the time you went to bed, you were always smiling. And for Hana, she was happy. She's been miserable these last few months. Sure- she put on a smile, but the situation with Jimin was damaging her mentality. I knew she couldn't keep up with it anymore." his grip on me tightened.

"I'm terrible... I-I let your first love break your heart, while I could've saved you from the feeling you're going through." Jin's voice hitched.

"Oh hyung, please don't cry." I cracked a slight smile as I tried to choke back my tears.

"I'm not!" he sternly responded, but I know better. He's a liar. He's the biggest baby.

"Hyung... I don't think I can stop loving her. It's always been her. From the time I met her." I took my hands to wipe the tears away.

I slowly freed myself from Jin, standing up. His eyes followed, "I have to talk with her..." I can't let her go so easily. I-I just can't. 

H A N A  P O V

I slowly made my way out of the room. I have to find him. I need to talk. There's no doubt Jungkook is engraved in my heart at this point. What am I doing? What am I gonna do? I'm scared. Scared to think I could lose them both.

As I continued to make my way through the dark hallways I bumped into someone.

"Hana..." he called out to me. His voice was gentle, but it also sounds like there's pain hidden behind it.

"Kookie..." as I called out his name, my heart only began to beat faster.

"Can we talk? Please." he placed his hand on my head, pulling me closer.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered.

A hum of confirmation was let out as he dragged me through the front door, and out of the house. He intertwined our hands as we walked side by side in silence.

I couldn't gather the courage to call his name again. All I could do was stare at him. His eyes seemed glossy. He must have been crying. My heart ached looking at him. I've never seen him cry before, not even that time at the hospital when he was clearly going through a rough time.

What did I make him feel? What did I make him suffer through? I'm so selfish.