Chaoter 25

Grayson's POV

"Mama I'm sorry" Ivy says and hugs her mother. "What's going on?" Her mom asks and hugs back. "Uh We can leave" Jacob says as he points towards me and him and I nod in approval. "You don't have to but if you want you can take my car for a spin a hit" Nate says trying to sounds as happy as possible. "Yeah that sounds good" Jacob says and smiles at him then Ivy, even though she wasn't looking and just on the couch with both her hands on her head, her breath was uneasy, I wanted to hug her, tell her it's okay.

"Soo?" He asks, "do you want to drive or want me to?" He ask. "Doesn't matter" I shrug, "okay I'll drive, been wanting to drive this thing since forever" he chuckles. How can he be happy at a time like this, shouldn't he have comforted Ivy?

"So why were you with Ivy?" He asks as he backs out the driveway. "Well she just kind of came over to my house after her brother and her fought and we ended up at the street were her dad died. "I don't know what to do, When I see Ivy all hurt and scared it just kills me inside, I'm a funny dude, I don't like real hard core shit. I have never seen her so sad in my life, and I just froze" he sighs.

"I don't know why I'm telling you this bro" He chuckles and so do I. "Oh trust me, you're not the only who seems to be pouring all their emotions into" I reply. "But Yeah Just try to comfort her as much as possible and even though she thinks terribly of her dad, try and persuade her of other better outcomes" I advise him. "Anyone ever told you to be a relationship counsellor" he jokes, and I laugh "how can I be one, when I haven't ever made any of mine work" I say. "Oh come on, you, Grayson Dolan, Erika's boyfriend, I'm pretty sure any girl would die at your feet if you even stared at her" He chuckles. "Well it is the Grayson Dolan charm, but I don't know about being labelled as Erika's boyfriend though" I shrug in disgust, he looks at me confused and chuckles.

Ivy's POV

"Mama the case wasn't a hit and run, Dad was drunk" Nate sighs and sits. "Well that's not possible I don't want to hear it" she tries to get up. "Just listen for once in your life Mama, dad wasn't hit, he died because of something he did!" I yell out of anger.

"No no that's not possible, your father would never get in a car drunk, ever, he knows what happened to.." She begins to cry as she falls down sitting on the couch. "What happened to your grandfather" She finishes. "How do you know" she looks at Nate. "Look at the photo" Nate says and throws the file on the table.

"What?" She asks as she looks through it. "Dad wasn't wearing a ring!" I sigh. "Oh my god" she sighs and then tears begin to go down her cheeks. "But Wait a second that night your father went with Erika's dad for a drink but when he was asked, he said your dad never made it to the bar" She replies. I look up at her. "So what?his wedding ring just-just disappeared" Nate asks

"I don't know!" She says and tried to get up. She goes up to her room. "Nate I don't understand!" I say, "Ivy just leave it, okay, I think we are better off not finding the truth" he gets up and goes to his room. There's no way I will be able to live with my life not knowing if somebody murdered my dad or not.

"Hey" Jacob says, "I'm so sorry!" He says. "It's okay" I smile at him and he hugs me. "Thanks for coming with me!" I chuckle at Grayson. "All good" he says and gives me a warm smile. "I should get going" Grayson says. "Well let us drop you off" I suggest, "okay" he chuckles.

———
We drop off Grayson and then me and Jacob drive back to my house. He parks in the middle of no where. "What is this where you plotted to kill me?" I joke, "yeah" he chuckles. How he had the cutest chuckle in the world amazed me

"Are you okay?" He asks, "Yeah Yeah, actually no I'm not, I don't want to believe that dad could do such a thing and drive whilst he is drunk. He wouldn't do that" I sigh. "You know, he is still your dad, and sometimes and I'm not saying he ddI it but if he did, he is human and humans make mistakes" he says and gives me a warm smile. "Even ones that could take their life away?" I reply. "Well yeah, sometimes things don't go as well as we planned, but at the end of they day even if he did it. That doesn't change the live he has for you, Nate and your mom. And I understand if you hate what he did, but Ivy you need to forgive him, he wants happiness for you and your family and you won't be happy until you close that door. Focus on being happy, not on why he did it. Because if he did it, then he did and you can't change that you have got to move on and be the happy amazing girl that I know you are!" He smiles at me.

I give him a hug and cuddle up next to him. "Can we just go to peek and stay there for a bit, I don't feel like going home right now" I ask. Peek was an amazing place that had a gorgeous view of the crystal blue water, although it was infested with shark water so we couldn't swim there it still had the best view ever. "Yeah Yeah!" He smiles and starts driving.

—————
Until next time, X