Chapter 52

Ivy's POV

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds this morning and Grayson's arm rapped around my body. I quickly hop out, trying not to wake him up because he was jet lagged. I brush my teeth and go downstairs to see mama and Nate sitting drinking coffee and him eating cereal.

"How's your sister doing? I feel like her fight with Julia has really upset her, I didn't want to talk about it because I know how hard it is these few weeks with you leaving and then Julia betraying her like that?" Mama asks Nate. "Julia did what?" He puts his spoon down and looks at mama. "Julia and Ethan, they told Grayson and Ivy to breakup, they advised them to. Then Julia told Ivy to get over her dads death!" Mama says. "Oh my god!" He sighs.

"Ivy still isn't moving on, is she? You seem to have sealed with the grief a lot faster than her. I'm just worried!" Mama sighs. "You shouldn't be! I'm worried about Nate, he never talks, every time I bring up dad he comes up with an excuse not to talk about him or changed the subject!" I state.

"That's because there's nothing to talk about!" He says. "Really? Nate I have never ever in my life seen you cry about dad, do you even miss him?" I ask as tears begin to form. "And mama you too, I love y'all about him, and you shut me down. You pretend as if wasn't part of this family, you tried to erase his memory, everyone here did except me! Why?" I ask. "Ivy don't be ridiculous, I haven't erased your father out of our lives" she says and packs up her dishes to put them in the sink.

"Oh yea? Where's his pictures mama? Where are his clothes? Why don't we celebrate his birthday or Father's Day or remember his funeral anniversary? Why don't we talk about him, ever?" I ask. "BECAUSE HE IS GONE IVY, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, DAD LEFT US, , HE DRANK THEN GOT IN THAT CAR, ITS ALL HIS FAULT!" Nate yells which shocked me a bit.

"You ever wonder why I never cry, why I don't care? Well I do, Ivy I'm angry at him! Why would he leave us, he had a choice and he chose to leave us! He chose to ruin our life, and you wonder I don't speak of him? Is because after so many years of trying to see why I'm so angry, it's because I hate him so much! But I only hate him because I miss him! I hate him because he is not here when I need him or when we need him! He is gone there's nothing you, me or mama can do to change that! So please move on, I am trying to so much!" He finishes.

"Well that was his answer what's yours?" I ask mama. "Ivy, I was married to your father for 15 years, and you think I can erase him out of my life like that? Just like your brother, I hate what he did! He promised... he promised me! The one thing that traumatized me as a child was my fathers alcohol addiction and his accident due to drinking, the one thing he promised me not to do..He did! He broke my trust, which cost him his life! I am trying to forget it, trying to move on, but I can't! Ivy Every single night I cry myself to sleep, because I try to remember our happy memories, but every time I do I am instantly reminded by his decision, and you think I can erase him out of our life? How can I erase somebody that haunts me everynight?!" She cries.

"Good to know that you both hate dad!" I say and walk out of the house.

_______________________________
Until next time, X