Chapter 78

Ivy's POV

"I really wish you didn't have to go tomorrow!" I pout as I was cuddling up to Grayson. He was playing with my hair as I was laying on his chest. I literally spent all my week at his house after school, literally slept over there and went to school with E. "not more than me babe!" He sighs. "I'll be back for spring break though!" He says excitedly. "Yea but that's in a month" I grunt.

"Well I was thinking maybe instead of me coming down here, or you coming up to LA. Maybe we can go somewhere for some of it." He says and looks down at me. "What do you mean?" I asked weirded out. "I mean me and you go somewhere alone, together, where no one can distract us!" He smirks. "You get what I'm saying?" He asks. "Yea, yea I do!" I sigh. "Unless you don't want to!" He says.

"No, of course I want, I just won't be aloud. Nate will find someway to make my mom say no." I sigh. "Well then lie to Them" Grayson mumbles. "You want me to Lie to my family?" I ask him and he shrugs. "Okay!" I say excitedly. "Wait what do I even say?" I ask, "just say that you're coming to stay at my house for three or four days." He says.

"But what are you going to say?" I ask. "I'll lie, and say to my family that im coming out later in the week because of some football shit!" He says. "Well What about Nate? If he asks where I am to mom, and she says I'm at yours then he'll definitely know we re lying!" I say. "Well that's why I'll tell Nate that I'm catching an early flight home so I don't have to fly back with him but really I'm going to wherever you want to go!" He says. "So where do you want to go?" He asks and continues to play with my hair.

"Honestly, a nice hotel room with a view and staying in it all the time would be nice. Like sight seeing doesn't matter to me at all really!" I say. "So you don't care if we stay in Texas!" He says. "Honestly I think it'd be easier to stay in Texas but just get a room!" I sigh. "How about we go to a fancy hotel with a spa and shit?" He smirks and I nod.

"So then you can play me the songs that you've written and going to write whilst I was away" he subtly says. Grayson never heard me sing the songs out loud except that one time with Dylan. "I don't know about that" I say as I shyly sink into his chest. "Why can you sing to Dylan and not to me?" He asks frustrated. "Gray, it's not like that" I sigh. "Dylan is my bestfriend" I sigh. "And I'm your boyfriend" he smiles.

"Exactly!" I say and he looked confused. "I don't get butterflies when I'm with Dylan, I'm not scared when I'm with him to mess up or embarrass myself." I explain. "You still get butterflies when you're around me?" He smiles warmly and my cheeks begin to heat up and my heart begins racing. That's exactly what I meant. "I do too!" He says. "Really?" I smile trying to hide my probably now pink cheeks. "Of course, I get chills down my back when you walk into a room. I thought after a couple of weeks of dating it'd go away, but no it just kept getting stronger!" He smiles and I look up at him.

"Is that why you won't play me your songs?" He asks. "Not the only reason, Gray you have to know I only write when I'm angry or sad." I sigh. "Well they say the best art comes when you're depressed!" He jokes. "I'm serious Gray, even whilst we were dating, I wrote some stuff about you that really don't describe my feelings right now!" I say. "And I'm serious as well, Ivy I want to be that person in your life that you can be confident doing anything in front of. Not Dylan, me." He says and holds my hands.

"You and Dylan spend crazy amount of time writing stuff, and just playing around on his guitar. How about 2 minutes with me, it's all I'm asking. When we go wherever we go, you play guitar and sing for me, 2 minutes minimum that's it!" He says. "I can't, and it's not because I don't want to. I don't have a guitar!" I sigh. "Well what if I said that could be arranged? Would you then show me what you spend hours every week doing?" He asks and I nod hesitantly.