Chapter 69

Ivy's POV

"So you'll have an exam, which is 20% of your grade, based on three books we read this semester, two of which are Shakespeare and my all time favourite 'To kill a mockingbird' , and a week before an exam an Essay for your culminating worth 10% of your grade" Mr. D says and ends on how this English is set for the year

"Geez, If I knew he was the devil himself, I would've switched classes"Grayson's whisper and I hold my laugh. "Mr Dolan....first day and you already broke my number one rule, care to share with us" Mr D says and look at Gray and smile. I wonder what dumb thing he'll say to cover up.

"I was just apologizing to Ivy for the cheating rumours that happened last year, you know A broken girls heart can't wait after class especially when she doesn't want to speak to you. So I thought I'd do it in your class, I mean being trapped sitting next to me, its only fate that I take it as a chance to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to me!" Grayson says. I must say pretty impressive. Mr. D looks at him and fixes his tie

"Well, I'll let it slide this time" he says. "Thank you sir" Grayson says. Grayson smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

———
Right after Englush, I had Chemistry. I loved my Chemistry teacher, she is who got me interested into environmental science, which is a huge crisis at the moment. She's an old family friend , and the reason I became vegan. She was young, only 23,but my mom used to babysit her. She is so smart and influential, definitely someone I strive to be like other than my parents and Selena Gomez of course! Luckily for me, my locker was right by her class. Speaking of the devil, she's walking right up to my locker

"Ivy honey, how are you doing?It's been so long since I have last seen you." She says" Lola, I have missed you! I'm doing great, can't believe it's your first day as a teacher" I hug her. "I know I'm so excited!" She says. "How are Nate and your  mom?" She asks. "They're great, Nate's leaving for California tomorrow." I say to her. "Man I wish I had time to say goodbye, well wish him the best from me at the university, must be hard living by yourself especially at that age." She says.

"It is, But he made a couple of friends through volleyball so at least he isn't bored" I shrug. "Honey, I have been to multiple parties hosted by your brother, the one thing I know is his teammates were not only dying but begging to be his friend. I'm just surprised he hasn't been suspended, with no parent supervision, I would've thought Nate has done every drug out there by now!"She says and I laugh. "I should probably not be speaking to you about drugs or parties I have been to. You know what, refresh, forget what I just said,don't do drugs, and most importantly never tell anyone about this conversation" she says and looks around. "Your secrets safe with me!" I say and smile then get in class with her.

I sit on my seat, and right in front of me coming through the door, were Ethan and Julia. Wow, great, with my luck today, I'm either having a cat fight with my ex best friend, current best friend, or everyone knowing me and Gray are back together.

I smile then look down once she gives me a warm smile.

I was looking at everyone who was in my class, I was friends with the some of the volleyball girls, but without my brother in this school no girl is interested in becoming my friend. Especially after everyone finding out the hottest guy in school 'cheated' on me. They waved hi, but made sure to sit as far away from me as possible.

A few of them sat around me and started conversations. Whispering and talking about my haircut. "Love your hair" a girl says then rolls her eyes at her friend, "I'm sure you do" I give her a fake smile. Then I stare at the door hoping at least one friend would come and save the day from this awful group of students I'm surrounded by. Luckily for me Dylan was right there, I smiled at him and he barely acknowledged the fact that the seat next to me was empty.