Chapter 42

Grayson's POV

Ivy was sleeping on top of me, as her whole body laid on top of me, her head rested on my chest. I gently combed through her soft curls whilst she slept, I'm going to admit that it was quite comfortable, most because she's so light. I
Gently kissed her forehead to wake her up because we had to go back to school now, she slowly started to move after my kiss and rubbed her eyes

"Well good morning, had a good nap?" I chuckle, "the best" she says. "Did you sleep?" She asks, "nope" I shook my head. "Then what did you do?" She asks, "looked at you whilst listening to chill music, and played with your hair, pretty fun" I shrug. "Really? My hairs gross" she says as she feels it. "Ivy, that's where you need to stop, you have like the best hair in this city, it curly and cute as fuck" I say confused.

"Thank you, but You know you don't always have to compliment me" she kisses me and chuckles. "I want you to know how fucking perfect you are, because I don't think you know" I reply almost screaming. "Grayson!! Calm down" she laughs. "What's your 3rd and 4th?" She asks, "English and Math" I groan. "What about you?" . "Law and science" she replies.

"Law?" I ask her confused, "I want to be a lawyer" she smiles, "how come you've never said that before? That's so cool" I ask. "It's not really something that I want to tell everyone, what do you want to be?" She states. "Honestly no idea, how about you be my sugar momma and then we'll talk about me becoming your personal fridge cleaner and person who keeps your sofa nice and warm" I smirk. "Ha, I don't know, I kind of already hired Jake for that, if he's wrestling career doesn't work, well let's just say the kid isn't going places" she chuckles. "But I can hire you to be my full time boyfriend" she smirks.

"I don't know, that's a hard job" I joke, "I can hire someone else then" she says, "who?!" I yell and she laughs. "No seriously who would you hire?" I ask, "that guy from the grocery store maybe" she smirks. "Oh hell naw" I chuckle, "oh hell ya, he's so hottttt" she jokes. "Not hotter than me!" I smirk, "I don't know about that I mean he's got the eyes, the smile, the arms.." she continues then looks at me pouting, "I'm just kidding silly, he's sweet, but I'm in love with you" she kisses me.

———-

We return to school right before third starts, enough for us to hangout with our friends for about 20 minutes. "Hey, where were you?" Ethan asks me, "with Ivy, we skipped" I reply. "Listen Gray, I know we haven't had a chance to talk about Ivy, I don't know about this" Ethan says which made me really upset. "I love you guys together don't get me wrong, but she's fragile, and you're not exactly the most gentle person out there, just don't hurt her" he sighs. "You think I'd do that? After all I have been through E you should know that I'm the last person that would cheat!" I scoff at him and begin to walk away.

"Gray that's not what I meant" he sighs, "then what did you mean?" I turn around and ask him. "I'm just saying, you have a long history with girls" he replies, "name one time that I wasn't the one ended up getting hurt and instead hurt someone!" I say. "Uh, come on bro, I didn't mean it like that okay? I'm just letting you know that you need to be careful, and don't mess it up" he sighs again. "Got it, thanks for the advice, but I don't think I'll be needing it" I roll my eyes and walk away.

How can he think that I would hurt her? I would never EVER want to purposefully or willingly hurt her!

Ivy's POV

"Hey!" I say to Julia, "Heyy" she says weirdly. "What's wrong?" I ask her as I open my locker, "Ivy we need to talk about you and Gray, I don't know if this is a good idea, you're going to get hurt" she says. "What do you mean?" I ask her as I grab my binder. "Well I don't know, but you know how a lot of people feel about it, and I'm not going to say that I don't feel the same way" she says which literally almost wanted to make me cry, even my best friend doesn't feel the same way.

"Wow, okay! Well you know what, thanks for letting me know how you feel" I slam the locker and walk away but then turn around. "You know from other people it just stung to hear them say it out loud, but from you.. I just thought you were different, but that hurt!" I say to her. "Ivy come on, you know I don't mean it in a bad way, I'm just looking out for you!" She sighs. "Well thanks but no thanks, I'm happy, and it's really annoying that everyone wants to rain on my parade especially my best friend!" I say to her and walk away.

I felt like crying, she already knew how I felt, how can she say something like that? She was fine with it yesterday, I wonder why she changed her mind?!!

My image on myself caused a lot of anxiety for me, especially when doubting myself. I always do that, but when I met Grayson, I don't know, he made me feel beautiful inside and out, and I just can't believe that people can't see how happy he makes me!

"Hey babe!" He says, I could tell he wasn't happy, "what's wrong?" I ask him. "Nothing it's just Ethan said the weirdest thing to me about our relationship" he says, "you know Julia said the weirdest thing about us to me too!" I reply. "They were fine with it, what happened?" He says annoyed, "I don't know" I reply quietly. Even Ethan feels this way, well fuck me, why does everyone think I'm not worthy enough of being with him?!

"I think I wanna go home!" I say to him, I knew I wasn't happy, and I just can't handle anymore comments made about me through the day. "You know I just might come with you!" He smiles. "I'm down, I'm tired of these comments made about us, it's no one's business, yet everybody seems to have something to say about it to our faces, even if they know it would hurt us!" I sigh.

———-
We go back to Gray's house, his parents weren't home but Cameron, his sister, was just on her way it. "Hey" Grayson says, "ayy Ivy, misses you girl, it's been like 3 days!!" She chuckles and hugs me. "What?! No hi to me?" Grayson pretends to be sad and we both chuckle. "I saw you this morning, and every morning for the past 17 years, I'm getting sick of you" she laughs and heads out!

I put my backpack on the stool by the door and take off my shoes. I begin taking off my uniform and putting on Grayson'S sweater. He goes to the kitchen and I follow after him. He smiles then comes closer to me then lifts me up and puts me on the island. "I'm sorry" he says as he stands between my legs. I put my hands on his face tears were forming in his eyes. "For what babe?" I ask him, "I just feel like ever since we started dating, everyone's been so hard on you, and it's not fair, because you make me so happy, I just get so angry and sad when someone hurts your feelings. Because when you're sad it just kills me inside! I always want you to be happy!" He says. "Grayson you make me so so happy, but I can't always be happy, trust me, I haven't been this happy since... well since my dad was alive!" I say as a tear comes down my face as I wipe his away. "I don't want to hurt you" he shuts his eyes as his breathing gets heavier. "You can't hurt me, there's not a single bad bone in your body, that's why I love you!" I say and kiss him then hug him.

Why was he so upset? Ethan must have ticked him off!! I hug him tighter once he puts his arms around me and then I let go to hop off the island and go up to his room. He puts his head on my stomach as I played with his hair to make him feel better. He started to fall asleep on my stomach and I covet him and myself up with A blanket so we both can sleep!

_______________________________
Until next time, X

As promised, next few chapters are a little bit of a rollercoaster, stay tuned! Btw I updated this yesterday but for some reason the notifications hasn't gone out, so I re-uploaded it, tel me if u didn't receive the notification