END : 4 , VER. 런쥔 / R

"well, i choose..." i paused for a moment. that moment turned to a minute. then a minute and a half.

"hellooo? did you fall asleep? don't leave us hanging," jaemin snapped his fingers. jeno then hit his arm. "jaemin! leave her alone! she can take all the time she needs!"

i laughed a bit, looking back at the boys. "so um, renjun. i uh, i realized that i really like you. and, i hope that you'll accept my feelings for you well," i messed with my fingers, looking down.

"oooh~ renjun~" chenle hummed, smiling wide. jisung hit his arm and pointed at renjun, causing chenle to clasp one of his hands over his mouth.

"i-it's okay if you don't reciprocate the same feelings. i just.. yeah. i'd like to be with you," i blushed softly as i looked down, messing with my fingers.

the room was silent. you could hear a pin drop. i looked up after what seemed to be forever, to find renjun looking away, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

i knew what that meant. i wasn't that big of an idiot. i could read body language. he didn't feel the same. and i was okay with that. i wasn't going to let that affect me, or our relationship.

so, i took a deep breath, and smiled warmly. i then walked over to the kitchen. "uh, what are you doing y/n?" donghyuck asked.

i hummed softly, getting out a few bowls and baking pans, gathering different ingredients. "i'm gonna bake! wanna help~?"

"um, no. i'm good- hey, are you okay?" "yeah! of course! why wouldn't i be?" "well, you kind of just got rejected."

"yeah, and? i won't let that affect me. renjun doesn't have to like me back, you know. he can like whoever he wants." donghyuck nodded at my statement, not wanting to question me any further.

"well then, in that case.. can i help you bake, y/n?" "sure! come here jisung! i plan on making lots of sweets so, you can get started on the cookies!"

"i wanna help too!" "then get over here chenle!" the two boys then ran over to the kitchen with me, beginning to grab things to start baking with.

"why didn't you say anything?" mark asked, glancing over at maknae line in the kitchen. "i couldn't." "why not?" "i didn't want to hurt her feelings."

"yeah but think about it, renjun. what's worse. being vocal about the situation, or simply not replying?" "fair point, jeno." "you can't say much now though, can you?" jaemin sighed, gently patting renjun's thigh.

"you've gotta at least tell her sorry," mark lightly shook his head, looking back at the rest of the boys. "i feel like i already know how that'll go." "here, i'll be y/n. let's practice."

renjun sighed before turning to face donghyuck. "hey y/n?" "oh, hey renjun! what's up?" donghyuck spoke in a tone way higher than his own, trying to imitate the voice of a female.

jaemin started laughing but quickly stopped as jeno hit him. "i uh, i just wanted to say i'm sorry. for not saying anything. i just.. i didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"it's okay! don't worry about it!" donghyuck smiled wide. renjun sighed softly.

"i'm sorry."