END : 12 , VER. 해찬 / R

"well, i choose..." i paused for a moment. that moment turned to a minute. then a minute and a half.

"well.. donghyuck," i sighed softly. "i knew it was going to be me. "did you really?" "yeah, i don't know how, but i had a feeling it was going to be me." "well.. um."

"look, y/n. i like you. i really do. and i care about you a lot. but, i don't think i really want you in that way. i thought i did, honestly. but.. i dont think i do anymore. i'm sorry."

i smiled. "don't worry. it's okay. just knowing that you love and care for me as a friend is all i need. it's all i could ever want, honestly. i'm fine with being friends. i just, thought i'd let you know my true feelings for you, that's all."

"i'm really sorry." "please don't be! i don't want you to be sorry!" "alright," he said as he nodded softly. "i'll gladly give you hugs though, if you want any, that is." "yes! please give me hugs! i'd happily take hugs at any time."

he smiled a bit and stood up, walking over to me. he quickly wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly. i wrapped my arms around him just as tightly, hugging back.

"i love you y/n, i really do. don't forget that." "i know i know, i won't ever forget, don't worry. and i love you too haechanie." he pulled away a bit.

"promise you're not sad, or upset?" "i promise! like i said, i'm totally okay with being friends. i just felt the need to tell you how i really felt. and to be honest, i pretty much already knew that you weren't going to feel the same, yet i still did it."

"hey, don't doubt yourself. even if you were right, you can't always assume the worst possible scenario. what if i would've said i liked you too?" "well.. i'm not sure what would've happened if you said you liked me too."

"me neither, but my point is that you can't always assume the worst." "well i think it's better to lower my expectations, because if the opposite does actually happen, then i'll be super surprised and excited."

"you're right but also wrong." "i'm always right." "hey- don't be so cocky." "my bad," i giggled. "anyways, i do really love you, and i'm sorry to friendzone you." "aish, stop apologizing already. i said it was fine." "okay, good."

"anyways, i'll start on dinner, renjun, come help," i said as i began to walk to the kitchen. "coming!" renjun said following after me.

"i think things went good, right?" "um, yeah. sure. they went... fairly well, i guess. i mean, you admitted you like haechan. and then you got friendzoned. so i'd say that went pretty good."

"well at least he knows now, right?" i laughed a bit, gathering the ingredients i needed. "mm, yeah, i guess that's the advantage."

"who knows? maybe he'll end up feeling the same in a few months or so." "yeah, maybe."