Quitting Hockey

As the days went by, Charlotte wondered why she didn't see Fulton around often. She had went to the team to see if they knew where he was, but they didn't have a clue. They simply told her everything had went wrong. Connie and Julie had invited Charlotte and KC to their shared dorm, but KC had other plans and wanted extra practice for cheerleading and so Charlotte went with Julie and Connie to their dorm. 

She did worry for the JV hockey team as she had grown to know them and like them. They were a strong team and they were a family, but now she was starting to realize that the family was slowly falling apart. Some players were rising to the tops and others were fading to the bottoms. The top players being at the top of mount Everest and the bottoms being at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

As Charlotte Williams had grown to know the team and know Fulton Reed a lot more, she came to figure out that she was having a crush on a hockey player, a type of person she originally never liked, but now she did. She didn't know what she saw in Fulton that was so different than all the other boys. She couldn't wrap her head around it if it was the way he dressed. The way his hair was beautiful and suited him well. The way he was a broad shouldered boy who played hockey and was an enforcer. The fact that he was real sweet and kind, but could be a lean and mean machine on ice. Was it because he was a hockey player? Charlotte couldn't figure it out.

Charlotte sat on Julie's bed, leaning against the wall to support herself as Julie sat next to her at the headboard, leaning on the pillows and Connie sat on her bed, using the wall to support herself as well. She faced Charlotte with a plain face as Charlotte was in thought, wondering what to ask next as Julie was answering her previous question. When all became quiet, Charlotte spoke up.

"So, how did this all happen? I mean, why is it happening?" She looked at the two girls, not understanding. She thought cheer was stressful, but this hockey matter was a lot worst and she didn't know how bad it was until she heard Fulton and Charlie had quit the team.

"Varsity has hated us since day one." Julie said. "They want us out."

"Yeah, they had pulled a prank up by throwing all of our clothes into the showers."

Charlotte nodded, remembering when Charlie and Fulton said that. "Fulton said something about that a few weeks ago." Charlotte butted in.

"Yeah and so we pulled a prank on them. We froze all of their stuff with liquid nitrogen." Julie laughed as it was her, Ken, and Russ.

Connie nods, agreeing. "Then they came back and asked for us to go the the Varsity dinner. You know, the one where Rick said it was a tradition?" Charlotte nods, remembering. "Well, it was a lie."

"No." Charlotte said. "Why? What happened? You didn't go for dinner?"

"Oh, we did." Julie told her. She leaned forward and pulled a pillow on to her lap. "We were stuck paying the eight-hundred-and-sixty dollar bill."

Charlotte's eyes widened and she looked at the two, gobsmacked. "They left?"

"Yep. After we finished, Charlie had this brilliant plan to put the Brazilian fire ants in Varsity's rooms. Then, after unlocking their doors, Charlie challenged Rick to a showdown. So, we had a showdown, we lost majorly and got caught." Connie said, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"After getting caught, Charlie could not take it and quite. Then Fulton followed him out." Julie finished.

"But why? He's throwing it all away. They both are." Charlotte said, she was pretty concerned for Fulton and she knew he didn't want to do hockey his entire life, but quitting right now and like the way he did was not really the smartest move. He's now leaving his friends in a problem, that they can't get out of, while he's off doing what he wants. Charlotte thought that maybe she should talk to Charlie and Fulton. She doesn't want Fulton to leave the campus, she liked him very much as a friend and didn't want to see him go.

"We know. It's been so rough on Charlie and he tries keeping it together, but he just couldn't after the showdown."

Charlotte bit her lip in thought. Connie broke them. "Do you like Fulton?"

She gazed up. "I wouldn't say like, you know?" She replied. "I like him as a friend. But my mind can't make up it's mind if it likes Fulton that way or not." She explained.

"Would you consider yourself with him?"

Charlotte nodded, then blushed and hid her face. Julie noticed how red Charlotte's cheeks had became and she had an idea that Charlotte liked their broad shouldered defensemen. She found it very cute, a big broad shoulder hockey defender and a small, yet still quite tall, framed cheerleader was adorable. She'd seen it often with football or basketball players, but not so much with the hockey players and she did believe that Fulton and Charlotte looked very well together, even if they were just friends.

"He's a very great guy, Char." Connie told her. "Known him since he was eleven. He might look mean, but trust me, he's the kindest and most defending guy you'll know."

Charlotte stood up, grabbing her school bag. "Thank you for the ugh talk. But, my father is waiting for me." She said, lying about her father needing her. The two girls nodded, escorting her to the door so she didn't leave on her. They waved and gave her kind smiles as she ran down the hall to the stairs. 

She leaned against the wall and took in a deep breath. She couldn't believe that Fulton Reed had quit hockey and ditched school in one day. She wiped her eyes and exhaled, recomposing herself. Charlotte had then knew that she was falling for a hockey player because if she didn't, she wouldn't of cared so much about his future or why he left school.

After wiping her few tears away, she headed to her own dorm to finish her homework and figure out what to do about Fulton Reed, and what she was going to tell KC, who really did have a good relationship with Charlie Conway, however, they weren't exactly dating, just getting to know each other well.