Board Meeting Victory

The board meeting had went great for JV, but terrible for Varsity who wanted them out. Everyone was dressed in their best attire. Stacey stood among the Varsity boys, along with the rest of the cheerleaders, who were on their side. KC and Charlotte had no choice but to stand with the cheerleaders, after all, they were a whole and stuck together through it all. f one went down, they all did. 

Rick stood up front with his arms to his side and Cole to his left, with Stacey smirking to his right. Charlotte stood next to Cole with KC, who did not bother to look at any of the JV players, especially Charlie Conway, was in his own world. Charlotte remained quiet as Fulton wondered why she stood with them, she had a voice and could very well say that she didn't need to stand with them, but he knew her cheer spot was valuable to her and so he understood the reasoning why she did not move. KC had her arms crossed, staring at the ground as she annoyed Cole slightly by humming a light tune, he did not say anything to her.

Charlie stood with his arms crossed as Varsity explained how they were only in on a technicality because of their stupid lawyer, which happened to be Coach Bombay. He had came back to town for the funeral and stayed for a few days. He knew Charlie needed someone to help him out and with a pep talk, Charlie was back to his feet and ready to play.

"You'll never be anything more than a bunch of rejects here on a free ride." Rick told them, folding his arms across his chest.

"Free ride?" Russ called, not liking their choice of words. "Look at you, Rich Boy. Mommy and Daddy have you everything, huh?" He asked.

"Hey," He called. "JV-Varsity game is on Friday."

"Then we'll show the whole school what a joke you really are." Cole added.

"Then maybe you'll leave on your own. It's the honorable thing to do." Rick laughed, causing the rest of the Ducks to become quiet and angry. Charlotte eyed Fulton and mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to him, but he sent her half a shrug, looking back at Rick and his posse. 

"You know we're gonna hurt you." Cole said and Rick went to touch Charlie, but he brought his arm up quickly and slapped Rick's hand away. 

KC had to admit, that was a hot move, but she scoffed and looked away, staring at her nails and played it cool. Charlie scoffed in return to Rick's comment. "Listen, you guys had the unfair advantage. You had one of us: Banksie." He nodded back towards Adam, who remained quiet next to Fulton.

"Oh, well keep him. He never really had the heart of a Warrior anyway." Rick shrugged, not really caring about losing him.

Russ smirked. "Hey, Biff." He started and the Varsity team and the Cheerleaders turned and looked at him. "One more thing, after we beat you, the Warriors die and the Ducks fly." He said with sass and tone. Charlotte attempted not to laugh and KC did as well. 

"Anything you say, Loser." Rick brought his hands up in defense. He took a step back with the rest of his group and the cheerleaders. Walking off with them. 

The Ducks stood around and spoke about practice, but KC and Charlotte were not going to be with Varsity, their team was JV. Charlotte and KC walked side by to side quietly, walking in motion as they approached JV. They turned to the two girls and most of them smiled. The two girls in cheer uniforms stood tall together. "You didn't really think we were on their side, did you?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah, did you?" KC added.

"Sort of." Russ said bluntly, earning a playful punch from KC and Charlotte returned to the group. 

"How thoughtful. You know, we had no faith you either." KC said sarcastically.

"Yeah, right." The team spoke up and she smiled, laughing with them. Charlie could only look at her as he kept quiet, licking his bottom lip. He did like her, he could not hide that, but he wondered if she was mad at him. She hadn't even looked at him.

"We'll see you guys at the game on Friday." Charlotte spoke, and KC winked to the entire team. They watched the girls leave as they had turned a corner and left, heading to do their own thing that weekend and JV went to the rink to get some practice done because they were going to need every minute of the ice time they had.

"Let's go!" They hooted and cheered, all rushing off to the locker room to get ready for their tough practice.