The Secret - Part II

What Johnny said last time was still tormenting Yuta, and even though they were playing at that cybercafe for hours, he was still trying to connect the facts of that story. Katrina had a daughter, Charlotte, and that guy was probably her boyfriend, who might even be the father. Yuta almost boggle his mind when he realized their team lost that online match and Johnny woke him up to reality with a slap on the back of his neck.

"Yuta, are you listening to me?!" he let out the air of his lungs with a sigh.

"Son of a...!" he glared back "What was that for, Johnny?!"

"I've been trying to reach you for hours!"

"You could've called me!" he pushed his tallest friend's shoulder.

"MORE THAN I DID?!" he pushed back.

"You didn't have to hit me!" and again with the pushing.

"We lost and it's your deafness fault!"

And so, began a war of slaps between the two.

"DUMBASS!"

"YOU JUST CALL ME DUMBASS?" Yuta opened his eyes wide.

"WHAT IF I DID?!" Johnny stared at the other from head to toe.

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!" he didn't care to speak loud anymore.

"BRING IT ON!"

Their slaps were only hitting their hands, when the owner of the cybercafe kicked them out because of all that yelling. They were frowning, ignoring each other's presence as they walked into the parking lot. That's when Yuta gasped in surprise and throw himself on one of the bushes beside his car with full speed. Johnny's eyes widened searching for the other like a child who lost his mother inside a supermarket.

"Where are you?" as soon as he turned, Johnny saw the other hidden between the bush leaves "Wait, what...?"

Before he could say anything else, Yuta pulled him closer so he could hide with him.

"What are you doing?"

"Shh...!" Yuta covered Johnny's mouth with his hand staring up at the street ahead.

"What's wrong...?" he whispered getting rid of Yuta's hand.

"Look, over there."

He pointed to Katrina walking with Charlotte while she had groceries bags on her hands.

They crossed the street to meet the same guy from last time. They were chatting, but neither Yuta nor Johnny could understand what was being said. The mysterious man helped Katrina and now the three started walking together down a path that was familiar to Yuta. Soon the japanese boy dragged Johnny with him behind his car just to crouch there in silence. While Yuta kept staring, the other stood up folding his arms staring at him disapprovingly.

"Yuta, why are you doing this?" he nudged his friend's buttocks with his foot.

"Be quiet and get down, they'll see you!"

"No, thank you. I won't be your crime partner. You listen other people's conversations now?" he was totally disappointed.

"I'm trying to find out if what we've talked about before is true."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's see if she is indeed Charlie's mom."

"This is invasion of privacy. Nope, count me out" Johnny started to walk toward his car.

"Shh...!" he grabbed the other's arm "Let's go by car, they won't notice us like that."

"Oh, surely Yuta, no one will notice two cars chasing a couple with a kid."