Who is She?

Finally, Yuta was breathing in the midst of that suffocation. He got a job at a kindergarten and his parents gave him a few more weeks to settle in the new routine and let him live more independently. Yuta even thought it was strange that his mother gave in so easily and wishing him good luck with a lively tone of voice. It was too easy, and that was odd, Yuta feel it that something worse would be coming, yet that might just be his imagination too.

It was Sunday. On TV Nakamoto watched the Yankees baseball game with a bottle of soju in hand. He was amused at the moment when two knocks made him realize that someone was at his door. He sat up suspiciously staring at the door and lowered the volume of the television just to be sure that there was indeed someone waiting outside in the hallway. It did not take long for the bell to ring this time and Yuta, with a confused expression, stood up to greeted the visitor. He looked through the peephole briefly to meet a girl with short, black hair outside. He didn't recognize her at first, but then he opened the door.

"Hello...?"

Yuta smiled wide-eyed as he realized who the japanese girl was in front of him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Yu-chan, don't be so surprised!" she smiled, patting the boy's shoulder "You'll embarrass me like that."

Without Yuta being able to say anything, she entered his apartment with two suitcases, one pink and the other yellow.

"Hey, hey, Ayumi-chin, what do you think you're doing?" he closed the door as soon as the girl was already seated on her couch.

"Wah!" her eyes flitted over every corner of the apartment, filled with curiosity "It's nice here, even if it's not so big. Hey, how's it living without the luxury of being rich?" a malicious, devilish smile formed in the curves of her lips "I heard you're now babysitting too."

"First of all, I don't care about my parents' money."

Yuta left the bottle of soju on the coffee table and stared at the girl with his hands on the waist.

"Second, I do not babysit, I'm an assistant to the teachers at a nursery school."

Ayumi laughed softly, supporting her elbows in her thighs staring at him.

"And third, what did you come here for?"

"Don't be mean, Yu-kun..." she looked frustrated but didn't let herself be shaken "Why should I have a reason to come and visit you?"

"I'm pretty sure you know why" he sighed and a silence fell into the room with both of them staring at each other.

"You shouldn't have to run away that way Yu-chan, I was worried."

"Kinoshita Ayumi, tell me why you came to Korea" he folded his arms.

"Your mother was worried, I volunteered to see if you were healthy" she frowned turning her face to the window "It will only be for a few days."

"Unbelievable... Everything was too good to be true."

"Don't say that, you know your parents love you" she stood up.

"Their love is dry and smells like money" he let out the air through his nostrils staring at the girl's suitcases "Wait... Don't tell me that you..." he scratched his head in distress "You're not planning to stay here, right?"

"And where else would I stay?"

Ayumi ran and hugged Yuta with a thin smile resting her chin on the breastplate of the tallest.

"In a hotel for example?!" he pushed her lightly by the shoulders and pulled her away from him.

"Don't be mean..." she stick out her tongue.