Decision

Last day for Yuta to think of an answer for Ayumi. His face was a little pale probably from sleepless nights and lack of hunger.

It was Sunday, and Yuta was lying on the couch staring at his living room wall. He received a message from Johnny inviting him to dinner with Katrina and Charlotte and even if he didn't want to leave home and had no desire to eat anything, he accepted the invitation. He felt that he needed to tell his friends something. To all of them.

Taking courage, he typed a message for each: Doyoung, Taeyong, Sicheng, Taeil, Ten, Gwiyomi and Jaehyun. The answers came one by one as time passed. He thanked them for everything they did to help him, all the support and their friendship. Without them, he assured, it would be much more difficult to get to where he was. So, for that he promised to from now on keep his head up even with all the difficulties of life. Some were surprised by the sudden message, but he assured them that it was just a reminder that he knew everyone was there for him, that he was thankful, and just it.

Yuta then decided to take a long bath in the bathtub. He sank his whole body into the water and stared at the ceiling. He could see the ethereal lights beneath there. For the first time in a long time he felt peace. Yuta had made his decision, the answer to Ayumi and his father's proposal. He rose from the water and pulled a towel to dry his body. It took a long time to get ready, since his head was slow processing thousands of thoughts at once. He didn't want to dry his hair, just went into the bedroom to wear his white tank top and dark blue jeans.

It was hotter that afternoon, so Yuta didn't mind leaving his jacket at the apartment. He waited for a few more minutes and when felt prepared, he headed for the diner where he would meet his friends. Johnny and Katrina were already there with Charlotte next door very excited.

"Sorry for the delay, I ended up sleeping in the bath."

And joined the table of the three.

"Well spotted, your hair is wet."

Johnny laughed, but Katrina was amazed by how handsome he looked like that moment.

"Yeah, yeah. So, let's eat?" Yuta stroked Charlotte's hair greeting her "I'm starving."

He tried his best to conceal his exhaustion and was actually eating a bar of cereal per day just so as not to pass out suddenly.

"Okay, who will pay?" Johnny asked in pure innocence.

"You."

Yuta and Katrina commented with one voice, which made them both laugh.

"Great, they only use me as a wallet... Just you wait."

They ordered a giant portion of fries with bacon and cheddar and preferred to split that dish since it was a huge size, two people couldn't eat it, unless they were Johnny and Jaehyun.

Yuta was different, seemed to have returned to what he was like when he met Katrina: smiling, joking, and alive. Yet his eyes were still distant, but the other two hadn't noticed. They had a good time together, talked about funny things, disappointments and, because of Johnny, they ended up talking about love.

"So, I have two friends who love each other very much."

Katrina and Yuta's eyes conveyed the same message to Johnny, who just kept feeding the fire.

"But they don't have the courage to confess. What do you think I should do?"

"Seriously, Johnny?"

The girl laughed as Charlotte ignored them just to pay attention to her precious fries.

"You don't have to do anything" Yuta replied "Let them handle it" and a small smile."

"That way they will never be together!"