Dismal - Part I

Ayumi had been in Korea for two days. Yuta left her in a hotel near the center of the city already knowing how much the girl liked shopping and better, she would be far from where he lived. It wasn't as if he hated her, he just didn't want Katrina to believe in that whole marriage story and that he might have had some romantic connection with Ayumi. On the other hand, he felt a little lighter because his friends discovered the whole truth behind his coming to Korea, now no longer he needed to keep secrets or avoid delicate matters.

The japanese girl always sent messages to Yuta, and as if that were not enough, she found a way to spend more time at his house than at the hotel, or anywhere else, when he returned from college. However, on weekdays, Yuta and Johnny took care of Charlie so that Katrina could cover the shift that was vacated in the bar where she worked. On the first night, Yuta managed to hide this fact from Ayumi, though she seemed to act more cunningly knowing he omitted something.

"Yu-chan, why are you so busy at night?" she murmured on the couch.

"Helping Johnny, I already told you" he left the keys of his Audi on the table just like his cell phone.

"With what he needs help with exactly? I can go with you... Three help more than two!"

"Just go back to the hotel Ayumi-chin, it's getting late" he went to his room looking for his jeans jacket "You want me to take you?" he asked from the corridor.

[in japanese]
"Forget it..." she sighed loudly as soon as he left to the bedroom.
[in japanese]

He was a little lost in his own wardrobe looking for his jacket until he realized he'd left it on the arm of the sofa. With a nervous laugh for his poor memory, Yuta returned to the living room to find Ayumi reading the messages on his phone. His heart almost fell out of his mouth and a curse escaped his lips. Noticing the boy's presence, Ayumi stared at him coldly and irritably.

"The hell you're doing?" he approached, taking the phone from the girl's hands with a serious countenance, but did not exalt himself.

"Why you lied to me?"

"I haven't lied, and I don't have to explain nothing to you either."

Yuta didn't like being harsh, especially with girls, but Ayumi managed to make him lost his temper.

"Why you got so angry? If you had told me from the begining I wouldn't have read your conversations and found that you went to that girl's house every night!"

"I hate people meddling in my life, and you know it" he took the car keys and looked at her once more now at the door "I'll drop you off at the hotel... And please stop asking about this, it's none of your business."

She clenched her fists with teary eyes and rose with heavy footsteps avoiding Yuta's eyes. The way had been silent, but the two didn't hide how angry they were with each other. Ayumi was crying, but muffled the sound as hard as she could by biting her lip and staring at the sidewalk through the car window. Yuta said nothing, he was fed up with her attitude and only tonight wouldn't blame himself for making a girl cry, nor feel bad for not apologizing as well. As soon as he parked in front of the hotel, Ayumi barely waited for any word to come out of the Yuta's lips, she only got up after getting rid of her seatbelt and got out of the car. She looked at him one last time before slamming the car door and running into the hotel hall.

[in japanese]
"I hate you!"
[in japanese]

With a lamentation, Yuta started the car again and headed for Katrina's house. He was a little late, but Johnny wouldn't call since he knew about Ayumi being pestering the boy. Yuta didn't want to comment on the discussion he had had a few minutes ago, so he held his resentment and greeted Charlotte with a huge smile.