Cause - Part 18

"the person who's going on a date with jungkook isn't me."

"don't you think they were made for each other?"

"it's like a dream.."

"i think we're safe here."

"you're the first trial i was given."

"you're hard to deal with, but i don't hate you.."

"as soon as y/n moves in, you're moving out?!"
*********************************

"Yes, I want to move out alone." Jungkook says from the table.

"If it's his decision, he can do it.. but are you sure?" Mr. Jeon says calmly.

He nods, and Mrs. Jeon sniffles. "But...she—" She lowers her voice.

Jungkook walks away from the table and goes upstairs without seeing you. You watch him go up the steps as a tear falls from your eye, and your heart feels like it's been squished like dough.

He's really leaving.. But, he said he doesn't mind living in the same house...

Next Day
"Jungkook moved out?!" Jihyun and J-Hope yell and you sigh.

"Yes.." You pout. "With his living expenses.."

"What?! Do you no where he lives?" J-Hope asks.

You shake your head side to side.

"How about his part time job?" Jihyun asks with curiosity.

You shake your head again.

Jin runs to your table with a giddy face and hands you food. "Congratulations~" He chimes.

"For what?" Jihyun replies, and you stare down at the table silently.

"For Jungkook moving out~~" He laughs and hands you a plate, but you wouldn't move your arm. "Looks like Jungkook finally backed down.." He smirks.

"Don't say such nonsense! Go back to cooking!" J-Hope pushes him lightly to the kitchen. J-Hope then fixes himself, and smiles at you in his seat. "Don't listen to him. He's talking nonsense."

"Actually..I think he's right.." Jihyun starts. "Jungkook is a man. If he had feelings towards you, he wouldn't have moved out."

Jungkook said he doesn't hate me, but he moved out the day after.. Is he trying to avoid me?

****************************

"Excuse me, is Jungkook here?" You ask a student that seems to be in his campus.

"Oh, he was..but he went to work already." He replies.

"Do you maybe...know where he works?" You fiddle with your fingers.

"Uhhh...no, he seems to be very secretive about it.. wait, you're Jungkook's roommate, right?"

"Ye-yeah.. and thank you so much." You reply, and bow as you leave.

As you head to tennis club, you picked up the tennis balls on the floor. You were a bit hopeful for him to come, but deep down you knew he wasn't going to. The tennis club seemed to be emptier than before, with a lot of less people than it was at the beginning of the year. Areum also seemed to be absent. You sighed to yourself and went home. Mrs. Jeon was busy doing an errand.