19. Blood Lusts and Dark Pasts

Warning: Implied rape/attempt of rape scene. Viewer discretion advised. 

{~}

The monsters were all over the place by the time Rip and the two crooks arrived on the scene. Sara was standing on top of the counter, swinging a flag pole around like it was a bo staff, smacking the hawk creatures across the face. Professor Stein was backed against the wall, unable to do much until Jefferson arrived to merge into Firestorm with him. (Though he still managed to get in a few hits.)

Rip and the two thieves whipped out their guns, before jumping into the fight. Sara smirked at them, as Mick shot a blast of flames at a hawk monster trying to attack one of the nurses.

"About time," Sara said, jumping off the counter. She dropped the flag pole in favor a pen laying on the desk; the assassin stabbed another monster in the arm (nothing too fatal, since they had learned these monsters were actually those missing teens) with it as Savage's cronies swarmed into the room. (Apparently, he had built up quite the army here in the fifties.)

"Where's Savage?" Rip wondered, not spotting the immortal tyrant anywhere. Hadn't Kendra said that he was also heading to the asylum?

Stein nodded to the elevator, as Leonard punched out one of Savage's lackeys. "He went that way," the professor said.

"Alright, you lot stay here and wait for the others," Rip ordered. (Though he knew they wouldn't listen, so he wasn't sure why he bothered wasting his breath.)

He made his way over to the elevator, only to be stopped moments later by a few of Savage's lackeys. (Sara and the crooks had taken care of what was left of the hawk experiments, knocking each of the teenagers turned monsters unconscious or giving them minor injuries.) It didn't take long before the captain realized the others were standing right next to him, unsurprisingly disobeying his orders. Five of Savage's goons approached, one crony for each other the Legends on the scene. They each aimed their weapons at the present Legends, glaring threateningly.

"You're coming with us!" the leader of the goons declared, like the Legends would even bother listening to him.

Rip looked back at him, unamused. He backed up slowly, pressing his back against the wall. "Of course," he said. "Strangers in the asylum who can do strange things. You want to ask questions...Or kill us. Either way. But...If I was going to execute someone by backing them against the wall, between you and me, a little word of advice..."

He glanced over the lackeys, as confused looks washed over each of them in turn. Rip smirked as he hit the down button and the elevator doors slowly ground open. "Don't stand them against the lift."

Rip and the other Legends with him slipped inside the elevator cart, as the lackeys began firing their guns at the closing door. Professor Stein glanced at Rip the moment the door had closed and the lift began drifting downwards. "Was that a Doctor Who quote, Captain?"

Rip raised an eyebrow at him, put off for a minute. "What? No." Then, after a moment of recounting what he'd just said. "Oh. It was. Damn..."
The other three simply shrugged, not really caring about Rip's -- apparently accidental -- reference.

A few seconds later, the elevator opened up, revealing a long, dark hallway. It was like something out of a horror movie, right down to the drippy pipes and mold on the walls. The lights flickered slightly up above, giving the halls an eerie chill about them. On the back wall, there was a large hole, revealing the night sky and letting in a cool breeze. (That must have been how the hawk monsters got out to attack the people of Harmony Falls.) Rip wouldn't have been surprised if some sort of ghost or demon came barreling down the halls at them. (Well, they were already dealing with hawk monsters. What was a demonic beast from hell added into the mix?)