Chapter 7

Gumball, Penny, and Bobert continue their way across the now ravaged, twisted city of Elmore and Amity Park in the dead of the evening trying to find their way to the school. Bobert flies around while holding GB and scans for any surviving lifeforms.

Gumball: I'm still feeling really sorry Penny... I should've listened when you started getting those distinct feelings about something! (Voice starts cracking in sorrow) Now look what happened...

Penny stroking Gumball's head: It's not your fault, Gumball. Even if you had, I get the feeling this would have happened anyway. But who would've guessed since everything was so nice..?

Gumball: (Wipes small tears) ...Y-yeah. I guess it wasn't meant to last, huh?

Bobert: Scanning Complete. No lifeforms detected.

Gumball: Gee, no kidding... I guess it's a good thing these two planets stopped moving when they did, or else we'd become one with the mantle. ...Still worried about Mom more than anything, though.

Penny: Do you think she's ok? She didn't seem that happy the last time I saw her.

Gumball: This is my mother we're talking about. She can handle anything when none of us could! But I get the feeling we're on our own this time. Chances are, she's just as lost in this messed up crossover as we are.

Bobert detecting something familiar: Familiar Readings Detected!

Gumball: Ooh! Who is it? Is it Darwin or Dad?

Bobert: It's me...

Gumball: I mean, you've always been you. That hasn't changed, just like how I'm me and all.

Bobert descends with Gumball to a nearby pile of wreckage from Casper Community College and notices the alternate Bobert from the Toon Force sitting on a platform like he crashed there. He has suffered numerous damages, including part of his turret being crushed, some of his electronics protruding from his chest cavity, and his missing right arm.

Gumball: Oh, it's him again! (Lands on platform) Bobert, I'd like you to meet Bobert!

Bobert receiving an error message: ...Does not compute.

Gumball in a cool sounding voice circling Alt. Bobert: This is another Bobert who came from an evil timeline back with the Toon Force in Retroville, 30 years in oppression, torment, and he's not getting up is he?

Bobert: This unit appears to be offline from internal damage. (Deploys medical equipment from head) I shall repair him.

Gumball: Oh good. With what we're dealing with, we need all the help we can get! I just don't know how he got here.

Penny: Maybe he got pulled from the surface of Amity. I see scorch marks on him, so maybe he was one of the people who got pulled into the atmosphere. Still, it is rather weird that he'd be back here when I thought he stayed behind in Retroville.

Gumball: Yeah, that's uh... That's a bit out there, but it does explain a few things. Maybe the rest of the gang are up there too. But first, let's keep searching through this valley of junk and get our pals back. Bobert, you keep fixing Bobert. Pen n' I are gonna keep searching.

Bobert: Yes Gumball.

Penny morphs herself into a dragon again and sets Gumball on top her back riding upward to the trash-filled skies. Somewhere above, Momo rummages around the tunnels of broken metal and other materials looking for Anais and her baby counterpart, as well as any others from the school. Sadly, she finds no one other than her mother's doll, Daisy. She lifts it and brushes it off, seeing that it's arm is partially torn but easy to mend if sewn back on.